[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Keeping Junk on server.

Keeping Junk on server.

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Keeping Junk on server.

Postby jampolis » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:46 pm

My wife and I check our e-mails on different machines. However, for several reasons we both check a few of the same accounts.
My wife often deletes mail from her computer with the "file as junk" button, which means that it is lost to me when I check. The mail may not be junk, but merely of no interest to her.
Is there any way to keep junk on the server, even for a day or two, before it is removed?
I realize this is a specialized case, but it would help me greatly, since my wife seems untrainable in this regard.
Thanks.
jampolis
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:30 am

Unfortunately I can't think of a way. At one point I had asked PSI to script enable this button (this would allow you to gain some control over the functionality) but this hasn't happened.
Michael

Postby jampolis » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:40 am

Thanks Michael.
You'd think it would be easy to let the user decide to delete messages from server.
Or send Junk to the Trash mailbox so it would only be deleted when Trash was emptied.
Guess I'll have to hit the wife again. :evil:
N
jampolis
Drop-in Visitor

Postby jampolis » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:46 am

It occurs to me that putting a "Delete" button on the message control toolbar, as well as the main toolbar, would be a good feature. Then mail could be deleted after reading in preview. I guess the delete key does that too.
jampolis
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To