[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Any word on new Poco skins for 2005

Any word on new Poco skins for 2005

Discussion related to appearance modifications

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Any word on new Poco skins for 2005

Postby tim10cc » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:30 am

Any word on new Poco Skins for 2005???

Just curious....Tim
tim10cc
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Any word on new Poco skins for 2005

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:08 am

tim10cc wrote:Any word on new Poco Skins for 2005???
Just curious....Tim
Don't know anything about it Tim. :?
If you're handy with graphic tools, like PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro & others you can always create one yourself.
Maybe PSI knows how to create a skin, as that information was lost when moving to this new forum.

Post by bugle removed as it was considered as Spam. :evil:
Eric

Re: Any word on new Poco skins for 2005

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:19 pm

Eric wrote:Maybe PSI knows how to create a skin, as that information was lost when moving to this new forum.

http://www.jdfsoftware.com/pocofaq/poco-skins.html

That is last updated in 2001, but maybe could be a good start.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Chuck_IV » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:23 am

It's really not too difficult, once you get the hang of it. I liked the way Outlook 2003 looked but hated the bloated slowness of it. So I created a skin to make Pocomail look like Outlook 2003(in blue) complete with same buttons, as well as an extra 2 buttons for "Junk" and "Not Junk" spam buttons.

Question for those in the know, is there any way to set the color of the main menu bar(ie. File Edit...) as well as the highlight color used in the mailbox list panel(it's a purpleish color now for me)?
Chuck_IV
Poco Tourist

Postby Slaven » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:07 am

Unfortunately no - they both use Windows default colours at the moment...
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Chuck_IV » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:32 am

Slaven wrote:Unfortunately no - they both use Windows default colours at the moment...

Thanx. Any plans for this to change in 4.0?
Chuck_IV
Poco Tourist

Postby Irene » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:42 am

Chuck_IV wrote:Question for those in the know, is there any way to set the color of the main menu bar(ie. File Edit...) as well as the highlight color used in the mailbox list panel(it's a purpleish color now for me)?

If the purpleish colour you mean is the one I think you mean, it can't be changed using the Customize>Colours option, but I discovered it can be changed by editing an ini file.

If your skins "default.ini" file has a section in it that starts with [Skin] then in that section there may or may not be a line that says:

HiddenSelBack= [some number here]

Changing that number will, at least in my experience with Poco 3, change the colour of the highlight in the mailbox list screen. If there is not a line that says that in the skin's default.ini, have a look in poco.ini and you'll probably find it in there under a section headed [Skin]. It's a while since I created my skin, but I think I found that line in poco.ini and just tried copying it into default.ini and then changing the number, and discovered it worked.

Irene
Irene
Frequent Visitor

Postby mrQQ » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:58 pm

wow, it does work indeed! thank you so much for this discovery, that purple was annoying as hell! =)

thanks again =)
mrQQ
Frequent Visitor

Postby J-Mac » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:36 pm

Or use WindowBlinds from Stardock.com! :D
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Return to Skins and Customizations