[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to buy Barca as upgrade from Pocomail ?

How to buy Barca as upgrade from Pocomail ?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to buy Barca as upgrade from Pocomail ?

Postby 1skywriter » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:35 am

When I started the Barca trial period, the ads said I could buy as an upgrade from Pocomail for thirty-something dollars. I want to buy Barca but nothing that I can find on the web site allows buying at the upgrade price, and I called the number in North Carolina that is supposed to take payments but they put me on hold for a long time and then a recording came on the line asking me to leave my phone number for call back, which I did, but they haven't called back.

Several days ago, I wrote to Poco directly asking about this, but have received no response.

I want to buy Barca this weekend so I don't have problems in being able to open my email. The trial period is ending. I need an answer to this question. Thanks.
1skywriter
Poco Tourist

Postby Alpha » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:57 am

Click on the 'Buy' link under the menu items of the pocosystems.com website. Then read the information on the ensuing page.
Alpha

Postby 1skywriter » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:18 am

OK, I did that, and plugged in the Pocomail 3.1 license code and no password, and came up empty, using FireFox and then also Internet Explorer, and also while briefly turning off ZoneAlarm.
This text turned up in reply:
Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
1skywriter
Poco Tourist

Postby tallcangal » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:27 am

I haven't bought Barca as a crossgrade yet. I will be doing that late next week or soon after. However, I did do a test on the site right now to do a "purchase."

I entered the username (PM licence code) as asked and no password and submitted. No problems for me. I am in and could purchase no problem.

How are you entering your licence code? The best way to do this is to open PM 1880, go to licence info, and then copy and paste in the username in your browser. Doing it this way will avoid entering licence code errors by even a space.

I have tried this with many browsers(Mozilla, Firefox, IE, and Opera) and had no problems.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby 1skywriter » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:36 am

yes, i copy and pasted to no avail...
1skywriter
Poco Tourist

Postby tallcangal » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:42 am

You said you tried to reach PM Systems. Who did you email to? I don't know what is wrong, but you may want to talk to Jim (James) and explain the situation and provide the details including your licence code.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby 1skywriter » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:39 am

i emailed to the contact address on the web site.
1skywriter
Poco Tourist

Postby 1skywriter » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:58 pm

Well it happened. I can't use BARCA anymore.
My posting all of these messages in this forum over the weekend did absolutely no good.
And, my writing to Pocomail directly and writing to and calling the North Carolina company that is supposed to accept payments did absolutely no good.
I wasted my time.
Neither Pocomail nor orders@bmtmicro.com or 800-414-4268 replied to any of my phone and email addresses asking them to accept my money so I could upgrade to Barca from Pocomail. bmtmicro.com-- the company that is supposed to be accepting payments for Pocomail did not reply to my telephone message or my email and neither did Pocomail.
What a way to run a business! Does Slaven know about this?
I can understand not replying over the weekend. What's the excuse for not getting back to customers on weekdays.
1skywriter
Poco Tourist

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:39 am

1skywriter wrote:
My posting all of these messages in this forum over the weekend did absolutely no good.
And, my writing to Pocomail directly and writing to and calling the North Carolina company that is supposed to accept payments did absolutely no good.
I wasted my time.
Neither Pocomail nor orders@bmtmicro.com or 800-414-4268 replied to any of my phone and email addresses asking them to accept my money so I could upgrade to Barca from Pocomail. bmtmicro.com-- the company that is supposed to be accepting payments for Pocomail did not reply to my telephone message or my email and neither did Pocomail.
What a way to run a business! Does Slaven know about this?
I can understand not replying over the weekend. What's the excuse for not getting back to customers on weekdays.

Based on our records:
1. You wrote to Support on Friday August 13 and Jean Francois (at Support) wrote back to you on Monday August 16, and you responded to him. The delay, if one can call it that, is the weekend. This should be expected of any company.
2. BMT Micro is a seperate company and if you call them over the weekend, there is a good chance they will not answer their phone.
3. You posted on this forum on Saturday August, 14 and other users responded to you on the same day.
4. This morning, I sent you a private message. Please read it.

Given the above, I am not sure it is fair to suggest we acted improperly.
Jim

Wasting time frustrating customers

Postby 1skywriter » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:13 am

Oh that's a lot of help, Jim. You take the time to write a long public reply -- and to find out how many letters went back and forth between me and Jean François Godin -- but you don't bother to
resolve the problem.

You have not replied to my public or private messages asking the same thing that has filled this page -- and the same as I asked Mr. Godin. The instructions below do not work with my registration number. Can somebody at Pocomail please take my money and let me get on with my life? Is it really necessary to fill up a Web page and let five private emails fly to accomplish the same purpose? My request is not complicated. I just want to pay Pocomail so I can use Barca. This is Day 5 of me begging to pay Pocomail and still Pocomail won't take my money. And now Barca does not work.

The time you have taken in criticizing me on this Web page would better have been served by figuring out how Pocomail can take my money. Then we'd all be able to get on with our lives.

At 7: 36 pm last night, Jean François Godin <support@pocomail.com> finally replied with the information that
"You can purchase the upgrade here:
http://www.pocomail.com/reg/special_barca10.php
To access the page please enter you PocoMail license code as your
username and leave the password field blank."

Notice that the above is the same information that appeared on this page in this forum in one of the many posts above. As I told Mr. Godin, and repeat here for anyone at Pocomail not paying attention, my registration number does not work on the above page.
Whew. I repeat "Does Slaven know about this?"

In my experience, he had ways of cutting through red tape. That seems not to be happening now.

What's not clear about what this customer needs?
1skywriter
Poco Tourist

Postby Alpha » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:32 am

Jim wrote:
4. This morning, I sent you a private message. Please read it.

1skywriter, did you read the above from Jim' post? Poco uses this forum to talk to prospective customers. So I perfectly understand why they feel the need to provide detail response to your claims.
Alpha

Postby 1skywriter » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:26 am

Thanks, and maybe now you will try to understand the customer's perspective. This is my second horrible contact with Pocomail admin. The first occurred between April and June 2003 when I, as a new customer, tried to resolve a double billing issue. I guess I should not lose patience now because it took three long months to resolve the double billing.

From the customer's perspective, it is just that this sort of thing is so enormously time-consuming. I feel like I am talking to Pocomail admin at cross purposes, that the admin does not try to resolve the question at hand when there is the power to do so, and do so quickly.

For example, Jim wrote publicly that he knew exactly how many letters I had written to Pocomail admin. Therefore he knows who I am, the issue, and how to reach me. Instead of aiming his guns at resolving the problem, he aimed them at me and the public relations in this forum.

Maybe my posts will be useful to Pocomail admin in identifying the weak links in their online and telephone payment system. I like the software but despise the great waste of my time spent on resolving what should be easy. I am a real customer who has experienced real problems with how Pocomail handles payments, in 2003 and now again in 2004.

For the record, I sent a complete record of my experiences to Pocomail twice, once privately to Jim a few minutes ago, and once to <admin@pocomail.com> Friday night.

No, I'm not a happy customer. I am on deadlines and this is such a fat waste of time.
1skywriter
Poco Tourist

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:35 am

Please follow the instruction in my private mesage to you so we can quickly resolve this matter. Alternatively, you can simply wait for our Support desk to take care of things through the normal channels. Thanks in advance.
Jim

Postby 1skywriter » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:51 am

You should have received a 20 kb private message with copies of all relevant private correspondence five minutes before your last reply appeared in this public forum. If you have not received it, please so state, and I will resend. This duplicates the information previously sent to admin@pocomail...
1skywriter
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To