[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco 4.0 versus Barca 2.0

Poco 4.0 versus Barca 2.0

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco 4.0 versus Barca 2.0

Postby Gentlsong » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:08 pm

I have used Pocomail since before Poco 2 but finally had to revert to Outlook in June of this year because I just kept having too many problems with 3.4 that I just didn't have time to try and resolve. I was very excited to see that version 4 is now out and am quite anxious to try it out. :) I am also now in need of a calendar/organizer and am going to be looking at Barca as well.

After looking over the upgrade options, I am a little confused about the relationship between Poco and Barca. I noticed that an option to buy both Poco and Barca at a reduced rate together exists and therein lies my confusion. If you get Barca, would you need to also purchase Poco for the mail functions in Barca to work? I always thought it was an independent program that used Poco's "mail engine" so to speak. If you don't need to purchase Poco for the mail functions in Barca to work, then what would be the advantage of buying both programs? Are there email features in Poco that don't exist in Barca?

Thanks!

Sylvia
Gentlsong
Frequent Visitor

Postby ferent » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:52 pm

Hi Sylvia;

Barca is Pocomail + Calendar + Task + Notes + Diary + Planner + New design (I like Barca much mora than Pocomail 8) )

Barca has all the options there are in Pocomail 4 :P
Alfredo Fernandez
ferent
Resident Poster

Postby GHaavy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:06 am

Just to clarify, Barca and Pocomail are independant of each other.
You don't require Pocomail in order to use Barca (for email or any other reason).

Barca has the same essential "guts", if you will, as pocomail but with the added features ferent pointed out.

I, too, prefer Barca over Pocomail - especially now that Slaven has included skinning capabilities.

- G
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby ferent » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:21 am

I, too, prefer Barca over Pocomail - especially now that Slaven has included skinning capabilities.

Yes, I use NetMedia (modify) Skin and now Barca it´s beautifull!! :P

PD:Today I learn to skin the headers, Barca/Pocomail is very customizable!!!!!!!

See: http://pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3633
Alfredo Fernandez
ferent
Resident Poster

Return to General Discussion