[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - bulk mail software and poco set up

bulk mail software and poco set up

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

bulk mail software and poco set up

Postby darkroomdevil » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:10 am

Hi, I am al little confused on the best way to set up Poco and broadcast email software to share the same email account and work together in a friendly and productive way. If anyone knows of a mailing / list management software that would be the most Poco friendly I would appreciate the referral. I have found 6 email programs that look good, but none of them speak to this issue. It is probably so basic that they don't think too - or the pros don't share the list account with thier general email account ... I don't know.

I have a photo portrait studio. I want to add an email newsletter and such to our marketing. I also want people to be able to opt-in and out and sign up from our web site, all in an organized and professional way without me having to do everything manually;)

I want to continue using Pocomail for all manual mail reading and sending and then use the mailing software for what it does best. This feels like a normal small business situation, but I have not found any clear advice, and I don't want to end up with a mailing software that makes this more difficult than it needs to be.

Any and all suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
Roger
darkroomdevil
New Arrival

Re: bulk mail software and poco set up

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:58 am

Hi Roger & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
darkroomdevil wrote: I am al little confused on the best way to set up Poco and broadcast email software to share the same email account and work together in a friendly and productive way.
Don't know if you'll ever find a mailing program who can share the accounts.ini from Poco, as well was working together. :?
If anyone knows of a mailing / list management software that would be the most Poco friendly I would appreciate the referral.
Lots of them to be found, but I did try out GroupMail in the past and found it quite good.
There's a free and a paid version. 8)
Eric

Postby darkroomdevil » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:59 pm

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the welcome!

Group mail was on my list, I will give it a download and a test run.

I don't expect it to share the same mailboxes, although that would be nice! I was more hoping that Poco could ignore all email (opt-in, opt-out, etc.) destined for the mailing program and that the mailing program would ignore all mail destined for Pocomail.

I know I can run filters on mail in Poco before downloading so as to ignore mail destined for the mailing program- so I guess I am looking for a mailing program that can do the same thing and suggestions as to workflow ... but I don't know enough to want to limit the answers to a specific question ;) all ideas appreciated!

Thanks,
Roger
darkroomdevil
New Arrival

Postby darkroomdevil » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:06 pm

What I just learned in triallllling ...

With GroupMail there is no in mail to manage so it is not an issue, it only sends mail. Opt-in, opt-out, tracking and polls are provided by a service they sponsor. The price for this service starts at $12.95 for 5000 credits. Each opt-in or opt-out uses 1 credit. I imagine the poll and tracking responses work the same way, but what a credit gets you is severly buried ;)

Roger
darkroomdevil
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:22 am

darkroomdevil wrote:Hi Eric,
Thanks for the welcome!
Group mail was on my list, I will give it a download and a test run.
You're welcome Roger. :wink:

Yes, GroupMail only sends mail, but if you don't want to spend money on it you'll best take a look at MailList Controller Free.
IMO it would also be best to use another account for those mailing lists, which isn't used by Poco.

Like I said, enough apps to be found, you only have to find the one you like best.
Same with finding Poco or Barca. :lol: :wink:
Eric

Return to Email Hall