[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Junk mail filters still wont work

Junk mail filters still wont work

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Junk mail filters still wont work

Postby mhosie » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:01 am

Eric if you are out there you helped with an issue I was having with my junk mail filters.

I thought that we had fixed it but actually I just discovered that it still isn't working properly! I copied the dbgood and dbbad files into the mail folders of each user account, from the default mail folder. The figure of good and bad word is now the same but still when i add to the user acounts and then close the program they reset back to the original number that was copied across from the default mail folder.

The default filter works fine and the number of words increases fine.

Can someone using barca pro confrim to me that their user accounts junk mail filters are working ok, then at least i know that this is a problem at my end and not with the program.

Thanks
mhosie
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Junk mail filters still wont work

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:46 am

Hi,
mhosie wrote:Eric if you are out there you helped with an issue I was having with my junk mail filters.

I thought that we had fixed it but actually I just discovered that it still isn't working properly! I copied the dbgood and dbbad files into the mail folders of each user account, from the default mail folder. The figure of good and bad word is now the same but still when i add to the user acounts and then close the program they reset back to the original number that was copied across from the default mail folder.
I thought so too that we fixed it. :?
Just performed a test using Poco 4.
Created another user, close Poco and copied the DBSpam and DBGood files over to that mail directory, as well as a mailbox.

This was present in the default user:
- DBSpam: 9.986 words
- DBGood: 4.134 words

Opened my test user and the same numbers were present too.
Selected messages inside that test mailbox and marked them as Good. (DBGood: 4.968).
Closed Poco again, restarted and the same numbers could be seen. :)

So I'm not sure what's going on.

If it works in Poco, it should work in Barca Pro too.

Hope we can find out what went wrong. :wink:
Eric

Postby zajaxaty » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:35 am

Doesn't Pocomail have any kind of "learning" mode where it will eventually figure out what is spam and junk?
Everyday I am constantly making new "filters" and classifying "junk" only to continually be getting the same emails or simular stuff. It never sorts it out for itself :(
"Beware of people that act strange They may not be acting"
zajaxaty
New Arrival

Postby tribble » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:59 pm

Any chance the files are marked as read-only?
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby zajaxaty » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:51 am

All of them?! How could all the "junk" or "spam" I get all day be "read only"? How can I tell? What can I do to "fix" that if they are?

thnx
"Beware of people that act strange They may not be acting"
zajaxaty
New Arrival

Postby tribble » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:55 am

I was referring to the corpi on disk, not the spam messages themselves.
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To