[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Upgrade delays resolved yet ?

Upgrade delays resolved yet ?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Upgrade delays resolved yet ?

Postby saoir » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:44 am

Anyone know when the Upgrade delay issue is likely to be resolved ?

I am getting closer to the end date of my Barca Trial and I canNOT afford to have it collapse on me in my business. ( upgraded in Septermber :roll: ) but no seriel number available yet)
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:18 am

Did you see this topic saoir? :wink:
Eric

Postby saoir » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:07 am

Yes Eric - I don't see the connection ? I actually contributed to that thread.

I purchased Barca in September 2005. I received a Lincense Code. (This does not work in Barca 2)

I tested five or six Betas and then downloaded the FINAL Barca 2.

I have still not received a Licence Code for Barca 2 which will unlock the Evaluation. When I asked several weeks ago I was told it would be a few weeks.... but we are getting closer and closer to the expiry of my Evaluation Barca....

Hence my concern :roll:
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:21 am

saoir wrote:I have still not received a Licence Code for Barca 2 which will unlock the Evaluation. When I asked several weeks ago I was told it would be a few weeks.... but we are getting closer and closer to the expiry of my Evaluation Barca....

Hence my concern :roll:
You still don't have your License Code? :shock:

If you purchased PocoMail or Barca after May 1st of 2005 then you qualify for a free upgrade, just contact Support with your current license information, your purchase receipt information (sent to you at the time of purchase), the approximate date when you purchased and your full name and mailing address you used to purchase.

Did you contact Support with the above underlined information included?

Can't help much more here. :?
Eric

Postby saoir » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:09 am

Thanks Eric :) ... this was the point of my thread.

I contacted them weeks ago and after several emails was told that they were behind and it would take two weeks or more to sort out the back log...

Hence this thread... asking if anyone else is waiting and if anyone knows when the backlog is going to be cleared ?
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:53 am

It worked for me yesterday Saoir!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby saoir » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:11 am

What worked ?
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:30 am

saoir wrote:What worked ?

Upgraded yesterday!
It wasn't available since the new version came out.
Was worrying like you, that i would no longer me able to get it.
Phew! :wink:
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby saoir » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:50 am

I am still waiting ....

14th September: I Purchased Barca 1.

24th October: Applied for upgrade Reg Code for Barca 2

24th October: they said "Please give us 2-4 weeks. We have a long backlog. This should not affect your usage since we offer a 45-day trial. Thank you for your patience."

27th October they said ""Please give us 2-4 weeks. We have a long backlog. This should not affect your usage since we offer a 45-day trial. Thank you for your patience

14th November: no reply

17th November: no reply

What is going on ???

:roll:
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby danio1972 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:19 am

saoir wrote:
What is going on ???

:roll:

I'm in the same position as yourself. I too recieved word for word the same advice you recieved, wait for 2 to 4 weeks and a code will be forthcoming.

I currently have 21 days left on the evaluation copy - so - I'm not too worried just yet! How many days are left on your trial?

I've decided I will re-contact support when 12 days remain, from my point of view if I don't have the code then, I don't want to wait untill I'm into the last week and run the risk of not being able to access my mail. This means that a week Saturday I'll be mailing support again if I haven't had the code :wink:
Pentium 3 Ghz 1.5GB RAM
Windows XP Service Pack 2
Barca Build 3555
NOD32 2.50.25 Antivirus
danio1972
Poco Enthusiast

Postby saoir » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:06 am

danio1972 wrote:I currently have 21 days left on the evaluation copy - so - I'm not too worried just yet! How many days are left on your trial?

I've decided I will re-contact support when 12 days remain, from my point of view if I don't have the code then, I don't want to wait untill I'm into the last week and run the risk of not being able to access my mail. This means that a week Saturday I'll be mailing support again if I haven't had the code :wink:

I have about that left too... however I run a business and I can't risk getting too close to the deadline because if there is some kind of hiccup at that time.. I'll be screwed.

I got a reply today from support that was nothing short of astonishing - but I have forwarded it to Slaven in the hope that it was some kind of aberration... :roll: watch this space.
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby saoir » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:32 am

I am sorry to have to say that my contact with Pocosystems in the last couple of days has been the cause of the deepest disappointment to me. I have found Slaven to be most professional and courtious at all times and extremely astute in the development of his products and his openess to our contributions on this forum.

It is a pity the same cannot be said for his colleagues.

The response I received to the contact I referred to above in this thread was cutting and rude and Slaven was kind enough to apologise... end of subject in my book.

Then today .. on the very last possible day of the 'so called' 2-4 week' delay in catching up on upgrades... what did I receive but my upgrade code.. but that was not all.

Mr Dada of Pococystems felt it necessary to scold me, to admonish me, for having the temerity to complain about the four week delay between me paying my money and getting my product. A delay that was announced to me AFTER I paid my money and without any agreement from me.

Mr Dada (today):
"Since this is within the 2-4 weeks wait time that we required in our initial correspondence, we will appreciate if you respect that request and not raise an unreasonable complaint on our forum"

I found this one of the most extraordinary responses from a support team of any software product I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with many over the last fifteen or twenty years. I have no intention of depriving my fellow Poco/Barca users of the benefits of Mr Dada's professional customer service.

My purpose here is not to discourage people from buying Pocomail or Barca.. because I will continue to do so myself. But it is important for customers to now how a support team is responding to it's customers.
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby danio1972 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:53 am

saoir wrote:Mr Dada of Pococystems felt it necessary to scold me, to admonish me, for having the temerity to complain about the four week delay between me paying my money and getting my product. A delay that was announced to me AFTER I paid my money and without any agreement from me.

Glad you have your code now. I'm waiting for mine, I've in fact popped a request through as a reminder to support as Barca is now reminding me I have only a few days left on the trial.

I don't know what internal processes are involved in generating a 'free' upgrade key, but, maybe there is a need for a process re-think. Perhaps we could have been granted a single use 'coupon' which negated the upgrade fee asked for when buying an upgrade... that way we could have the new code almost immediately.... Just a thought.
Pentium 3 Ghz 1.5GB RAM
Windows XP Service Pack 2
Barca Build 3555
NOD32 2.50.25 Antivirus
danio1972
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Slaven » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:06 am

In our defense, we have a huge amount of work we're all helping to get through. These types of threads actually take the time away from that process - the message you received echoes the frustration that we have committed to give free upgrades to many of you (which is a significant investment in time as well), and that we're not trying to scam anyone. We just ask for some time! :)

We would like to improve this process in the future, but due to reasons I cannot go into it is very difficult to implement.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Flashfox » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:14 pm

Well, as a Barca 1 user and an Barca 2 beta tester, I kept B2-beta 3340 on my system until today. This afternoon, I bought the upgrade and received my code within a few minutes. In other words, I let the dust settle ;-)
Flashfox

Return to General Discussion