[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Groups and contacts

Groups and contacts

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Groups and contacts

Postby John LeBlanc » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:28 am

Though I love version 4, management of address book groups is still clumsy and, in the case of nicknames, worse than version 3.

Nicknames in groups instead of full addresses
This is a useful v.3 feature since a change in an e-mail address needs to be done only in the main contact entry. If one uses their nickname in a group, it will point to the main entry. however, nicknames in existing groups don't work and there doesn't seem to be a way to use nicknames in version 4. when I use an existing nick name in a group I get, for example:

RamonaJ <>, Kim Name <Kname@test.ca> (names altered).

version 4 does not recognize RamonaJ as a valid nickname (unlike version 3) and therefore does not substitute the correct e-mail address. can this be fixed? Otherwise, I'll have to go and edit all of my existing groups and remove all nicknames.

Adding contacts
SHIFT-drag to a group does not appear to add a link (as stated in the help) but makes two copies of a contact in the group.

Create group automatically from email
It is onerous to create large groups by dragging contacts to a group one at a time from one's address book. Why not add a feature to allow creating our group automatically from all of the contacts in an email's TO: & CC: fields? one could simply right-click on an e-mail received from the group that one would like to make a list from.

~ Moved to PocoMail ... Eric ~
John LeBlanc
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To