[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New User Help

New User Help

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

New User Help

Postby ler329 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:35 am

Hello

I'm a new user of PocoMail PE (no stranger to PocoMail though!). A couple question I have after installing on my removable flash memory....

1) I imported from other Poco installation and all my messages are blended together with other messages and some are missing. All in all, it was not a clean transfer. Any idea why?

2) Does Poco PE not use a toolbar? I have "show toolbar" selected but it doesn't seem to appear....Any suggestions?

Thanks
:Lee
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby ler329 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:40 am

Disregard question #2.....I spoke too soon! There was no skin selected, which obviously prevented the toolbar from displaying!
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Re: New User Help

Postby Eric » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:57 am

Hi Lee,
ler329 wrote:I'm a new user of PocoMail PE (no stranger to PocoMail though!). A couple question I have after installing on my removable flash memory....

1) I imported from other Poco installation and all my messages are blended together with other messages and some are missing. All in all, it was not a clean transfer. Any idea why?
:?: What do you mean by blended?
Do you mean it shows two messages in one?
Have you tried to compress your folders?

As for importing you can simply copy your mail directory to your removable flash memory. 8)
Or you can use the 'Import data from previous install' found under File.
Or you can sync the folders and other data with your current installation on your PC.

Several ways of achieving the same. :wink:
Eric

Postby ler329 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:25 am

I used the 'Import data from previous install' option and most messages were blended together. IE: if I had ten message headers in one folder, after importing to PE those ten were transformed into five headers. So have the messages were missing, but they weren't really missing, they were just transformed into the body of another message. WEIRD eh?!!?
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:34 am

Very weird indeed. :shock:
You could redo it by using one of the other methods too.

See if this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby ler329 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:58 am

Unfortunately, the only reason I'm "test-driving" PE is because I needed to send my PC into the shop for warranty repair. It's working fine now, other than those original messages that didn't import properly.

Lee
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:17 am

ler329 wrote:Unfortunately, the only reason I'm "test-driving" PE is because I needed to send my PC into the shop for warranty repair. It's working fine now, other than those original messages that didn't import properly.
Good to hear it's working for you Lee. :)
Hope it won't be too long before you get your PC back. :?
Eric

Postby ler329 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:03 am

Thanks for the replies Eric....

On another note: I notice you use a Tungsten E2 - I currently use a Sony Clie and it's on its last legs. I'm going to replace it in the next couple weeks with an E2.

Any opinions/ reviews on the E2? Likes? Dislikes?

Lee
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:05 am

ler329 wrote:Thanks for the replies Eric....
My pleasure Lee. :wink:
On another note: I notice you use a Tungsten E2 - I currently use a Sony Clie and it's on its last legs. I'm going to replace it in the next couple weeks with an E2.

Any opinions/ reviews on the E2? Likes? Dislikes?
Completely going off topic, but since you asked. :lol:

I used a Tungsted T2 previously and liked it very much, but my youngest son dropped it and broke the screen. :cry:

So I went looking for another and finally made the decision to buy a Tungsten E2.
Bad choice IMO. Why?

:!: Big disadvantage of not being able to sync my contacts (over 300), because PalmOne changed the Address Book structure for this device & others, like the LifeDrive.

I also used JackFlash and JackSprat on my previous device, so I could remove all the unnecessary stuff, like the built-in Address book & many more. This gave me a lot more storage capacity to move apps to the Flash memory, using JackFlash.

I also sent an email to Braider Support, asking whether JackSprat & JackFlash was available for my E2.
This was their response:
We will not be able to support the E2 due to its memory architecture, which is the same as the T5 & Treo 650. :?
It also comes preloaded with apps I never going to use, like Documents to Go, Calculator, Memos, Photo & video viewer.
Pity I can't remove it, because I don't need all that.
Instead I use other apps I'm accustomed to.

So my advice to you, avoid buying an E2.
Instead buy a T2, T3 or any other device which Palm Desktop fully supports. :)

That's my personal opinion on my E2 Lee. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To