[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PE on Desktop Hard Drive as well

PE on Desktop Hard Drive as well

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PE on Desktop Hard Drive as well

Postby pmcclure » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:45 am

I enjoy the program on U3 Flash drive and would like to install and use on Desktop as well. I assume they would "sync" but three quick questions:

1) Should I simply just completely copy Directory on Flash Drive over to hard disk or go through a normal install on Hard Drive and then set up accounts etc.

2) In looking thru documentation, when syncing do "Address Books" and "Filters" also sync?

3) Depending on answers on above should I install Pocomail or Barca on Hard Drive?

Thanks
pmcclure
Drop-in Visitor

Re: PE on Desktop Hard Drive as well

Postby Eric » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:12 am

Hi pmcclure & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
pmcclure wrote:I enjoy the program on U3 Flash drive and would like to install and use on Desktop as well. I assume they would "sync" but three quick questions:

1) Should I simply just completely copy Directory on Flash Drive over to hard disk or go through a normal install on Hard Drive and then set up accounts etc.
The best way would be to sync everything over, although several possible ways can be used.
See also this topic. :)
2) In looking thru documentation, when syncing do "Address Books" and "Filters" also sync?
Address books will sync, filters won't.
You could simply copy your filters and others over to your desktop.
3) Depending on answers on above should I install Pocomail or Barca on Hard Drive?
You should install PocoMail onto your desktop, because PocoMail PE won't sync with Barca. :?
:!: Poco PE will only sync with PocoMail version 3.4 and not version 4.0.
A new PE version is coming however. No idea at present about the release date.

Will have a look later on to know if I responded correctly to your second question,
although I think it's correct. :wink:
Eric

Postby pmcclure » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:22 am

Eric wrote:Hi pmcclure & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
pmcclure wrote:I enjoy the program on U3 Flash drive and would like to install and use on Desktop as well. I assume they would "sync" but three quick questions:

The best way would be to sync everything over, although several possible ways can be used.
See also this topic. :)
Address books will sync, filters won't.
You could simply copy your filters and others over to your desktop.
You should install PocoMail onto your desktop, because PocoMail PE won't sync with Barca. :?
:!: Poco PE will only sync with PocoMail version 3.4 and not version 4.0.
A new PE version is coming however. No idea at present about the release date.

Will have a look later on to know if I responded correctly to your second question,
although I think it's correct. :wink:

How do I get Pocomail 3.4 not available through downlaod page?
pmcclure
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:26 am

pmcclure wrote:How do I get Pocomail 3.4 not available through downlaod page?
Check your PM. :wink:
Eric

Postby Lance » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:30 am

Hello,

I have been using Eudora for over 10 years and have been quite happy. However, I like the idea of email that will run as a standalone product on a thumb drive ... as long as I can Sync it to my desktop app.

As such, I downloaded and installed both PocoMail (on my desktop) and PocoMail PE on my thumb drive to evaluate. So far so good, until I tried to sync the 2. No go. After searching the faq's, I now found in the forum message below that the PE version will not work with PocoMail v4.

If I can not sync the 2 programs, then I can not even consider giving up Eudora.

I would like to see what PocoMail v3.4 looks like, but it is not available as a download.

Can you please email me v3.4 or send me a link?

Also, what is the point of purchasing the combined package of PocoMail v4 and PocoMail PE if the 2 don't sync? I honestly would have thought that the ability to Sync would have been the whole point of having the PE version for a thumb drive, and as such a very high priority. You state below that you have no ETA on the release date of a new PE version, but I'd really appreciate it if this could be researched and let me know some idea, and I'll make a note in my contact manager to check back on your website at that point in time, and just uninstall the 2 demo applications for now.

Your product does look nice however, and it is honestly the first email client in over 10 years that I've considered switching to.

Regards,
Lance
Lance
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:53 am

Hi Lance & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Lance wrote:Can you please email me v3.4 or send me a link?
Check your PM. :)
Also, what is the point of purchasing the combined package of PocoMail v4 and PocoMail PE if the 2 don't sync? I honestly would have thought that the ability to Sync would have been the whole point of having the PE version for a thumb drive, and as such a very high priority. You state below that you have no ETA on the release date of a new PE version, but I'd really appreciate it if this could be researched and let me know some idea, and I'll make a note in my contact manager to check back on your website at that point in time, and just uninstall the 2 demo applications for now.
As promised by PSI an updated version of PE will follow.
We'll just have to be a little more patient about the release of a new version.
I suppose they're very busy right now. :?
Your product does look nice however, and it is honestly the first email client in over 10 years that I've considered switching to.
It's a very nice email client, but it's best to find out by yourself what it can do for you.
You'll find enough tips & tricks here on the forum, as well as in the built-in manual.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To