[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Return to Pocomail

Return to Pocomail

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Return to Pocomail

Postby minib » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:03 am

I used Pocomail about 2yrs ago and really liked this e-mail client.
I purchased Office 2003 with Outlook which I felt I had to use given it was included in the suite.

I have had a few issues with Outlook on my notebook computer which has made me think again about Pocomail as my mail client.
Apart from the issues I also feel that Outlook is a little too heavy for my notebook yet OE is very basic.

I have searched the forum as my main worry was my AV (Nod32) but see that it will be fine with Pocomail.
I realise there will be a lot of changes to the actual setup & running of Pocomail but I presume I should be able to import all my contacts/mail from Outlook.

I will read all the details about the version but one thing I would like to ask if this actual client will be 'lighter' on my notebook than the cumbersome Outlook?
minib
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:06 am

Hi B. & welcome back, :P
minib wrote:I used Pocomail about 2yrs ago and really liked this e-mail client.
In the meantime a completely new version has been released and another version is in beta. :)
I have searched the forum as my main worry was my AV (Nod32) but see that it will be fine with Pocomail.
I realise there will be a lot of changes to the actual setup & running of Pocomail but I presume I should be able to import all my contacts/mail from Outlook.
You should be fine with NOD32. As for importing everything into PocoMail, do have a look at Migrating from Multiple E-Mail Clients to Poco too.

I will read all the details about the version but one thing I would like to ask if this actual client will be 'lighter' on my notebook than the cumbersome Outlook?
Lighter? You mean CPU usage? I suppose it will use less resources then Outlook, although I never used Outlook, so I really don't know how much it uses.
You could even run Barca from your notebook, as a replacement for Outlook.

Try it out first to see what it gives.

If you've any questions, look it up or start a new topic, if not found.

See you around. :wink:
Eric

Postby minib » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:39 am

8) Hi Eric

Still reading all the FAQ's etc
hopefully will have things worked out and know which client I will use after Outlook soon.
Tyring to keep my mind occupied so lots to read and maybe be ready when the next one is out of beta :shock:

thanks for the welcome back
minib
New Arrival

Return to General Discussion