[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - His PocoMail a good client?

His PocoMail a good client?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

His PocoMail a good client?

Postby Chevin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:02 am

Look for a good email client I came across PocoMail 4, it seams to work but like all programs it as it’s bugs and down falls, one I can not get over is the way fails does not delete attachments. Any email client needs to delete attachments which are associated with email; there may well be a script around to sort this out but the problem with scripts I need to trust someone to write one to do the job, as I do not know how to write script and do not wish to know as life is to short, second problem is why is there no setting to delete the junk when exiting the program, are is there a hidden setting, don’t tell me it must be a script file. Programs written which use scripts are like being back it the dark ages, it’s all right if you are some sort of administrator. Maybe this program is not ready for the public. I look forward to others comments. :roll:
Chevin
New Arrival

Re: His PocoMail a good client?

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:50 am

Hi Chevin & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Chevin wrote:Look for a good email client I came across PocoMail 4,
Poco is a good email client. The best way to find out is to give it a spin.
It does give you a 45 days trial too. :)
it seams to work but like all programs it as it’s bugs and down falls, one I can not get over is the way fails does not delete attachments. Any email client needs to delete attachments which are associated with email; there may well be a script around to sort this out
Sure it works and of course it can have bugs. :?
Most software isn't bug free on release and Poco is no different from others,
but that's why Poco is also constantly improved during the betas. 8)

As for attachments, I leave them encoded within the message, so I never encountered the problem about Poco not deleting attachments.
but the problem with scripts I need to trust someone to write one to do the job, as I do not know how to write script and do not wish to know as life is to short, second problem is why is there no setting to delete the junk when exiting the program, are is there a hidden setting, don’t tell me it must be a script file.
Why do you need to trust someone to write you a script?
If you don't want to learn Pocoscript, then don't.
If on the other hand you've a request to see if it can be done by a script,
then maybe a more experienced pocoscript user can help you with it.

:!: There are also a lot of pre-made scripts to be found in Extras and in the Pocoscript section and some scattered in other topics.
Of course you do need to be a registered member to download scripts from Extras.

There's also no hidden setting for deleting junk automatically, because it simply doesn't exists at present.
IMO I find it dangerous to delete Junk automatically.
A legitimate message could be deleted too, if you didn't look before.
Programs written which use scripts are like being back it the dark ages, it’s all right if you are some sort of administrator.
:?: You should try it first before making such statements. Scripts do help a lot as I'm sure you'll find out reading some topics here or trying it out yourself.
These are not virusscripts, so nothing to worry about.
Maybe this program is not ready for the public.
Sure, it's ready for the public, otherwise we won't be using it. :wink:
Eric

Return to General Discussion