[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - emotion icons

emotion icons

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

emotion icons

Postby evilc » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:07 pm

Have just been reading, http://pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=15
as a thought would it be possible for PocoMail to work with Getsmile. That program is designed just for emotions/smiley's and works with most e-mail program (not Poco at present).
evilc
Drop-in Visitor

Re: emotion icons

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:27 am

evilc wrote:<snip> as a thought would it be possible for PocoMail to work with Getsmile. That program is designed just for emotions/smiley's and works with most e-mail program (not Poco at present).
If Getsmile uses MAPI to make the connection, it won't work with Poco/Barca.
Never tried it though, so I'm not sure, although all other email clients listed there use MAPI. :?
Eric

Postby evilc » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:06 am

Eric wrote:If Getsmile uses MAPI to make the connection, it won't work with Poco/Barca.
Never tried it though, so I'm not sure, although all other email clients listed there use MAPI. :?
It can use Pop3 I have tried it with other mail programs.
evilc
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:36 am

evilc wrote:It can use Pop3 I have tried it with other mail programs.
That's not what I meant. :?
How does Getsmile make the connection with your email client?
You've to insert the emoticons into your email, so maybe it uses MAPI to connect with your email client.

:!: Due to the security risks involved by using MAPI, it isn't yet available in Poco/Barca.
That's why I think this is the main reason why it won't work, but I could be wrong too.
Eric

Postby evilc » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:48 am

Getsmile stores it's icons in sub dir's, it can work both mapi & pop. You can add your own icon to it and run it as local as all icons are on your own computer. This way it works with most e-mail progs, some such as Pegasus you copy/paste others just select.
I found the reason not compatable with Poco. Poco can't copy/paste icons you must select insert.
:(
evilc
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:14 am

evilc wrote: I found the reason not compatable with Poco. Poco can't copy/paste icons you must select insert. :(
I was wrong then. :?
Maybe in a new version it will possible. :?:
Eric

Return to General Discussion