[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Script to Increase Font Size

Script to Increase Font Size

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Script to Increase Font Size

Postby darrellb » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:30 pm

I know nothing about scripting in Poco and so I am forced to ask if a script to increase the font size on an html email is possible?

If it were connected to an OnDisplay event (I know a little about that area), could it be made to run when the font size specification is less than a specified minimum and increase it to a specfied size?

I would prefer this over the buttons to increase font sizes because the buttons apply across all emails and folders. I just want to increase the font size on particular emails that strain my eyes (seem to be 10 pt. fonts from OE).

I look forward to your response with anticipation and with eyes wide open :)

Darrell
darrellb
Poco Tourist

Re: Script to Increase Font Size

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:33 am

Hi Darrell,
darrellb wrote:I know nothing about scripting in Poco and so I am forced to ask if a script to increase the font size on an html email is possible?
A script isn't needed to increase the font size. :)

Have a look at this topic.

It's slighly different in Poco 4, but it works too.

:?: Haven't yet checked for an Event OnDisplay because I'm not at home.
Will do that later on, although I doubt it's possible.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby darrellb » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:33 am

Eric:

Thanks for your reply. However, your suggestion is what I mentioned in my original post as being not to my liking:

I would prefer this over the buttons to increase font sizes because the buttons apply across all emails and folders.

I don't want the font size of ALL of my messages increased . . . just particular ones where the author chooses a very small font size.

Darrell

P.S. Could you please move this topic back to the Pocoscript forum?
darrellb
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:53 am

darrellb wrote:P.S. Could you please move this topic back to the Pocoscript forum?
Done. :)

Edit: An Event OnDisplay won't work, just checked it. :?
Eric

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:50 pm

PocoScript doesn't contain any direct method for increasing the font size. It could be done by reading the raw html for the message, scanning for font size specifications and increasing the size within those. I have never done this myself but I do have a script that I use to reset the background color when certain artistic types choose a background color that is too close to the font color.
Michael

Postby darrellb » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:28 am

Michael,

Could you post or PM me your script so that I might attempt to amend it for my needs? Your approach with the raw HTML is along the lines that I was guessing would be the way to go about it . . . even with my zero knowledge of Pocoscript.

Thanks!

Darrell
darrellb
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To