[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Filter ordering(?)

Filter ordering(?)

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Filter ordering(?)

Postby tribble » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:59 pm

I have a little problem and can't seem to find an effective way around it.

I have a series of filters. Several (about 12) are used to route messages to specific folders.

Three are related to spam.

As I have found the filtering abilities of Barca/Poco to be wildly unpredictive, some time ago I went back to using K9 in addition to Barca/Poco's bayesian filtering. This approach keeps me above 94% accuracy.

So my very first filter looks for the K9 tagged subject line of [Spam] and send it to the junk folder. Then, based on some excellent work by others on this forum, I also added a search for "src=cid" and variants. This is the 2nd filter.

Next are my folder filters followed by a check of the name being in my address book (%addressbooks%) which has a final command of "stop processing" and "decrease junk score" respectively.

My final filter is Barca/Poco's junk mail filter.

Now, the problem: I receive several legitimate emails, from users that ARE in my addressbook that are tagged as junk due to my 2nd filter of "src=cid" (and variants). How can I filter such that if a sender is in my address book, the email is routed to a particular folder (the other 12 filters), such that the "stop processing" is not invoked even if it has the string "src=cid" (or variants)?

I know that I can change the order of filters, but that won't do the trick. I either hit the "src=cid" problem or the "stop processing" directive...

Thx,
Gene
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To