[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Not seeing links in posts

Not seeing links in posts

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby joeo » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:21 am

Hi,

I am a new user.
Looking thru the post I noticed that I am not seeing links.
There will be a post that says "Here is a Link to use". I don't see a link there.

Is this something in my progile?

Please help!

Thank you!
Regards,

joeo
joeo
Poco Tourist

Re: Not seeing links in posts

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:45 am

Hi Joeo & welcome to Poco Forum.
joeo wrote:There will be a post that says "Here is a Link to use". I don't see a link there.
What browser are you using?
:roll: If you go over this link, doesn't the previous word link get underlined. All the words are black, the link is blue.

I hope this helps. :wink:

FYI: Topic moved to General
Eric

Not seeing links in post

Postby joeo » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:33 am

Hi Eric,

I use Fixefox, but have tired IE and still no luck!

Thanks,
Regards,

joeo
joeo
Poco Tourist

Re: Not seeing links in post

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:54 am

joeo wrote:I use Fixefox, but have tired IE and still no luck!
I'm using Firefox too, as well as Opera, Slimbrowser & IE, but I don't have a problem seeing the links.
:idea: Anyone have another suggestion to why joeo can't see the links.
Eric

Postby robin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:29 am

Joeo - I suggest that you look at the Fonts and Colours setting for your FireFox (under Tools ->Options). You can set the colours for links, they may be set to something that does not show up well in the video card. Set the colour for links to red or green.
robin

Postby joeo » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:49 am

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help.

It was a problem with the color.
Regards,

joeo
joeo
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:05 pm

I have to warn, however, that forcing your browser (I use FireFox) to use your colours might have some interesting effects on the way that the forum appears since all the carefully sculpted subtle colours disappear :shock:

This is the bowser colours and thus those set by the forum

And this is what happens if you force your own colours
(Don't you like that particularly fetching shade of purple I chose for the links?)
robin

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:11 am

robin wrote:(Don't you like that particularly fetching shade of purple I chose for the links?)
Too bright for me, Robin. :lol:
Eric

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:25 am

I have to agree with joeo, and I think that frazmi has also mentioned it. At least on my computer, links in forum posts are not distinguishable from the normal black text. Perhaps this issue is specific to Internet Explorer (which I use).

When I realize that a link is there (such as in Eric's example at the beginning of this topic because he says that a link is there) and I hold my mouse over it, then it changes color to a lighter blue. This color I can easily see. It would be nice if links in posts were always this light-blue color regardless of whether or not the mouse cursor is over the link.
Pete

Postby robin » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:45 am

I would imagine that this is a simple change for Admin to make in the CSS file for the BBS software since it is clearly set by the BBS :?
robin

Postby COD » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:57 am

I use Firefox on WinXP and the shade of blue used for links is hard to discern from the normal black text. However, since this forum is the only place I've noticed the issue - I just ignore it. I can tell from the context of the message which word is supposed to be the link.
COD
Resident Poster

Return to General Discussion