[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - myInfotoGo to replace PocoMail PE

myInfotoGo to replace PocoMail PE

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

myInfotoGo to replace PocoMail PE

Postby Drugstore Cowboy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:05 am

This new app looks very promising as a replacement for PE. I have one concern about this though: It states that this new app is to run on the new U3 USB drives. Am I to assume that this app will NOT run on a regular USB drive? I hope this will run on a regular drive as well. If I am forced to buy a new U3 drive, then it will be pointless as I have invested in a SanDisc Titanium 1G USB drive and won't toss it for a new U3 which is more of an unnecessary expense. I'll gladly buy the new myInfotoGo as long as I don't need to buy a new drive again. I pray for backward compatability...
Drugstore Cowboy
Drop-in Visitor

Re: myInfotoGo to replace PocoMail PE

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:38 am

Hi Drugstore Cowboy,
Drugstore Cowboy wrote:I'll gladly buy the new myInfotoGo as long as I don't need to buy a new drive again. I pray for backward compatability...
From PocoReport:
We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of myInfoToGo, our latest offering that focuses on removable flash drives. When we introduced PocoMail PE some 3 years ago there really was no market for portable applications. These are applications that you can install on your USB flash drive and take anywhere with you - just plug your drive into another Windows computer to access your applications and data. PocoMail PE allowed our users to store all their messages and contacts on their USB flash drives and access them anywhere.

Fast forward 3 years and this market is really starting to heat up. We were invited to participate at the U3 conference in San Jose last summer to see the new U3 platform that is now on the market from vendors like SanDisk, Memorex, Kingston and Verbatim. Since many of you have asked for a portable version of Barca, similar to PocoMail PE, we have decided to release a product based on Barca, with all the email features of PocoMail and some unique features of its own and call it myInfoToGo, at a price that will be lower than that of PocoMail PE! So soon you will be able to take not just your email and contacts with you, but your calendar, planner, notes and diaries.

If you'd like to participate in the testing of this new application send us an email; at the moment we will be testing a U3 version of myInfoToGo, so you will need a U3-capable flash drive (see U3 website for options).
So from what I understand of it it will also be available for USB flash drives, but testing at present will be done on a U3. :P
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To