[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Sudden break out of Junk Mail ?

Sudden break out of Junk Mail ?

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Sudden break out of Junk Mail ?

Postby saoir » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:58 am

After several years of Pocomail and six months of Barca... with excellent success in Junk Mail filtering ... it all changed about two days ago... for no apparent reason.

I get >100 junk mail a day and one might get through each month.

In the last 48 hours about 20 Junk mail have come through into my IN box.

Anyone else experience this ?

I have checked my settings and all seems well.

BTW: my Baysian settings are: 0.9, 2.0, 20, 0.
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby SFCurley » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:53 pm

Have you tried shutting Poco down and re-starting? I have seen this a couple of times before and it's almost as if Poco "loses" it's memory of filters and bayesian info. For me, restarting has always solved the problem.
SFCurley

Postby saoir » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:24 am

SFCurley wrote:Have you tried shutting Poco down and re-starting? I have seen this a couple of times before and it's almost as if Poco "loses" it's memory of filters and bayesian info. For me, restarting has always solved the problem.

Will do :D
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby saoir » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:42 am

Didn't work... :( it's just pouring through ....

My Filters appear to be active ... it says that it has dealt with 27,000 emails and has 6,000 bad words and 32,000 good ones.....
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:18 am

Are they being scored as junk by the bayesian filtering? (You'll have look inside the headers to see this.)

Postby saoir » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:15 pm

Anonymous wrote:Are they being scored as junk by the bayesian filtering? (You'll have look inside the headers to see this.)

What does the baysian filter header look like ?

Should 'all' email have a filter header or just ones that have been classified as junk ?
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby SFCurley » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:24 am

Looks something like this, with the middle line being the important one:

X-Poco-Score: +10

X-Poco-Score-Detail: +10 [%BAYES%=P=100;T=99;BIAS=+30] (%bayes% P=100;T=99;Bias=+30)

X-Poco-Scored: +10
SFCurley

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:16 am

This message is not removed from the IN box: - why the -10 ?

X-Poco-Score-Detail: -10 [%BAYES%=P=0;T=90;BIAS=+20] (%bayes% P=0;T=90;Bias=+20)

X-Poco-Score-Detail: +7 [X-POCO-SCORE=+]AND[TO=%EMAIL%]AND[TO=%REPLYTO%]AND[CC=%EMAIL%]AND[CC=%REPLYTO%] (X-Poco-Score +, and To %email%, and To %replyto%, and Cc %email%, and Cc %replyto%)

X-Poco-Score-Detail: +3 [X-MAILER=] (X-Mailer )

X-Poco-Score-Detail: +2 [FROM=%ADDRESSBOOKS%] (From %addressbooks%)

X-Poco-Scored: +2

Postby SFCurley » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:50 am

The -10 is saying that PM's Bayesian processing does not think it is junk. The other additives to the score would indicate that it is likely to be junk; the total score is positive, which would indicate overall PM thinks it is junk. Do you let Poco make the move automatically to the junk folder, or do you manually move it yourself in your other filters?
SFCurley

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:02 am

I have it set to move Junk automatically after download.

But I have a group of about twenety clear junk mail in my IN box and have run the TEST on them numerous times today and they come up as NOT junk under any sensetivity ...

Is there any HELP on this ? Has anyone written a FAQ or a guide to the settings ? I have sen reference to the corpus from a 'help' file in one of the threads but in my Help file in Barca there is not a single mention of filtering ot bayesian..

It all worked so perfectly for the last year and now... a mess...:(

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:05 am

One message moved to Junk has this line:

X-Poco-Score-Exceeds: 12

?

Postby saoir » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:10 am

oooops... I mistakenly posted those last two as a guest... they were mine.. :)
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby SFCurley » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:28 am

Can you post all of the junk mail headers for that one (the one that exceeds 12)?
SFCurley

Postby SFCurley » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:29 am

. . .and just for my clarification, that one (> 12) , you don't think, should have been junk?
SFCurley

Postby saoir » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:11 pm

Lost that one, sorry.

This is another piece of junk that is not transferred out of IN to Junk.

X-Poco-Score-Detail: +7
[X-POCO-SCORE=+]AND[TO=%EMAIL%]AND[TO=%REPLYTO%]AND[CC=%EMAIL%]AND[CC=%REPLYTO%] (X-Poco-Score +, and To %email%, and To %replyto%, and Cc %email%, and Cc %replyto%)

X-Poco-Scored: +9

This one WAS transferred into the Junk folder:

X-Poco-Score-Detail: +7 [X-POCO-SCORE=+]AND[TO=%EMAIL%]AND[TO=%REPLYTO%]AND[CC=%EMAIL%]AND[CC=%REPLYTO%] (X-Poco-Score +, and To %email%, and To %replyto%, and Cc %email%, and Cc %replyto%)
X-Poco-Score-Detail: +3 [X-MAILER=] (X-Mailer )
X-Poco-Score: +12
X-Poco-Scored: +12
X-Poco-Score-Exceeds: 12
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Next

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To