[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Sudden break out of Junk Mail ?

Sudden break out of Junk Mail ?

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Postby saoir » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:02 pm

I also notice the following lines in the ini file: Ihave tried changing the 12 or the 54 but they always revert.

JunkSensitivity=12
JunkFilterEnabled=1
JunkPreFetch=0
JunkDelete=1
JunkBayesOn=1
JunkNonBayesOn=1
JunkBayesThreshold=54
JunkBayesBias=20
JunkBayesGScore=0
JunkBayesSScore=20
JunkFiltered=27217
JunkUnfiltered=1442
JunkFalsePos=108
JunkFalseNeg=67
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby SFCurley » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:24 pm

Since your junkthreshhold is set to 12 (per your ini file), the score of 9 should not have gone to junk, and the one that was 12 SHOULD have gone to junk so all is working as it should be per the numbers. You can change the threshhold to some other number by clicking on Junk Mail | General Settings and then moving the slider bar up or down.

This doesn't necessarily explain why things have changed, though.

I use what I think is a cleaner approach to filtering, but it would require not using some of Poco's built-in filters; however, it leaves me in complete control over scoring and removes some of the uncertainties around the built-in filter stuff Poco has. (I do use PM Bayesian, though.) Would be happy to share if it would be helpful, but don't have time to this minute. Let me know if you want to hear it, and I will post.
SFCurley

Postby saoir » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:35 pm

What about help on this subject or FAQs? Surely there isa demand for such help among users ?
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby SFCurley » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:33 am

I think that PM's filtering capabilities are so flexible, there seem to be so many different approaches and it's hard to have one central this-is-how-you-should-do-it type resource. Lot's of forum posts, but it all seems different. I think MY approach is the best, but then again, I would! :)
SFCurley

Previous

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To