[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Attachmen Remover.poc

Attachmen Remover.poc

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Attachmen Remover.poc

Postby cssutto » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:43 am

IN regard to:

Script: Attachment Remover.poc
{ Author: PJR
{ Revision History:
{ 08 Feb 2004 - Initial version.
{ 13 Apr 2004 - Show error message if run from "Special" mailbox.
{
{ This is an "All-In-One" script that removes attachments from messages,
{ but keeps the messages.

I am trying to determine that all attachments contained in spam are deleted.

I note that in Barco2, using the delete button or using "folders, empty trash" apparently gets rid of attachments.

But then does it really?

The reason I ask is that when running Attachment Revover.poc on some spam, I see all kinds of attachments that are not to be found in my attachment directory. I assume that they are embedded within the email.

So the question is: Would a script that uses Attachment Remover.poc get anything that the delete button and the empty trash folder action miss?

As spammers get more tricky, these become questions that need to be answered.

CSSJR
cssutto
Drop-in Visitor

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To