[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Transfering MAil from Barca 2 to PocoMail PE

Transfering MAil from Barca 2 to PocoMail PE

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Transfering MAil from Barca 2 to PocoMail PE

Postby gavinjb » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:02 am

Hi,

I am looking at an easy way of Transfering all my EMail from Barca 2 to PocoMail PE, I am looking at an automatic way, if possible to run updates to PocoMail PE, when Barca closes (would be nice if it could ask me), my thought is that this would be needed to be done in a script, but as I have never created a script I am not sure where to start.

Also as I use Popfile on my main file I have a lot of settings and filters that won't work on PE, so I only want to transfer EMail and Contacts.

Also not sure if there is any issues in relation to folders, as from looking at PocoMail PE (haven't used in a couple of years), it looks like folders cant store email while they can in Barca.

Thanks,

Gavin,
gavinjb
Frequent Visitor

Re: Transfering MAil from Barca 2 to PocoMail PE

Postby Eric » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:28 am

Hi Gavin,
gavinjb wrote:I am looking at an easy way of Transfering all my EMail from Barca 2 to PocoMail PE, I am looking at an automatic way, if possible to run updates to PocoMail PE, when Barca closes (would be nice if it could ask me), my thought is that this would be needed to be done in a script, but as I have never created a script I am not sure where to start.
I don't think a script will provide you this functionality, because you got an index compatibility problem between Barca (IDB) and PocoMail PE (IDX).

If you want to transfer mailboxes from Barca to PocoMail PE, you need to first compress in Barca,
so PocoMail PE can rebuild the index. :?

It would be best to wait for MyInfoToGo which is currently in beta-testing. :)
Also as I use Popfile on my main file I have a lot of settings and filters that won't work on PE, so I only want to transfer EMail and Contacts.
For Contacts I don't think that would be a problem. You could easily copy your contacts to your USB stick. 8)
Also not sure if there is any issues in relation to folders, as from looking at PocoMail PE (haven't used in a couple of years), it looks like folders cant store email while they can in Barca.
:?: Don't understand your question.
It's exactly the same, apart from the index file.
Eric

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To