[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Access Default Web Browser

Access Default Web Browser

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Access Default Web Browser

Postby gavinjb » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:07 am

Hi,

Is there anyway in PocoScript to Open a website using the default browser, I could hardcode into the Execute Method to call Opera with a Website, but I would rather have my script use the default browser.

Kind Regards,

Gavin,
gavinjb
Frequent Visitor

Re: Access Default Web Browser

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:33 am

gavinjb wrote:Is there anyway in PocoScript to Open a website using the default browser, I could hardcode into the Execute Method to call Opera with a Website, but I would rather have my script use the default browser.
Don't know exactly what you're trying to do Gavin.

First you make Poco/Barca your default email client and when clicking on links it will open your default browser.
Mine is Opera 9 beta. 8)

Or do have a look in Extras to give you an idea.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby MarkB » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:33 pm

The following script launches google.com in the default browser:
Code: Select all
Execute http://www.google.com/
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To