[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to remove??? [Mod: Resolved]

How to remove??? [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to remove??? [Mod: Resolved]

Postby dallen » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:57 pm

I recently tried PocoMail for U3. After installing it I realized that it does not support http based hotmail accounts. Therefore I uninstalled it. Now everytime I open Outlook I get an error. The error says the following:

The add-in "K:\System\Apps\12345678-AE78-4ccf-910F-C92C322ED3EE\Data\POI..." could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu.

Below is a screenshot of the actual error message:

However, I've tried to run the Detect and Repair utility in Outlook to no avail. I've also tried doing a complete repair of Microsoft Office 2003 and that does not fix the problem. I know that it is your software that is causing the error because when I reinstall you software the error goes away.

This is a heavy price to pay for simply wanting to trial your software. I would appreciate a solution that will restore my Outlook to its original state.
Last edited by dallen on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
J.D./M.A. Psychology (candidate)
Valparaiso University School of Law
M.B.A.
Krannert School of Management
B.S. Organizational Leadership & Supervision
(Minor in Computer Technology)
Purdue University
dallen
Drop-in Visitor

Re: How to remove???

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:02 pm

Hi dallen & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
dallen wrote:I recently tried PocoMail for U3. After installing it I realized that it does not support http based hotmail accounts. Therefore I uninstalled it. Now everytime I open Outlook I get an error. The error says the following:
:!: Is this beta software for U3 or did you try PocoMail PE?
Your error message says it has something to do with the POImport, if I'm not wrong.

I've seen this error before in the past, but as to the solution I'll have to do a search to find the topic in question, if available on this forum :?:
This is a heavy price to pay for simply wanting to trial your software. I would appreciate a solution that will restore my Outlook to its original state.
I can only suggest at present to remove the software without uninstalling it or wait until I find the solution to your problem.

You could also perform a search on 'Outlook' to find previous topics.

Till later. :wink:
Eric

Re: How to remove???

Postby dallen » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:22 pm

Eric wrote:Hi dallen & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Thank you.

Eric wrote: :!: Is this beta software for U3 or did you try PocoMail PE?
Your error message says it has something to do with the POImport, if I'm not wrong.

This is not a beta, but rather Poco Mail PE. The file is a trial that is avalable on the U3 website. The file name is pocomailpe-2135.exe. It is available here:

http://software.u3.com/ProductCategoryList.aspx?CategoryId=15&Selection=3&lang=en-US

Eric wrote:I've seen this error before in the past, but as to the solution I'll have to do a search to find the topic in question, if available on this forum :?:

Eric wrote:I can only suggest at present to remove the software without uninstalling it or wait until I find the solution to your problem.

You could also perform a search on 'Outlook' to find previous topics.

Till later. :wink:
I have already uninstalled it and I am eagerly awaiting any feedback that you can give. I've done a considerable amount of internet research and have found nothing. Any help that you can give will be greatly appreciated.
M.B.A.
Purdue University
dallen
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:22 pm

Maybe this will help - this is for Outlook 2003, you don't say what version you have and the menus / dialog boxes may be different.

Tools menu -> Options.

"Other" tab

"Advanced Options" button

"Add-In manager" button (towards the bottom)

Uncheck the POImport-related item (I assume that is what it is called).

OK out of all those dialog boxes.

If you have a different version, do a help search for Add-In.
robin

Postby dallen » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:40 pm

robin,
Thank you. I also have Office 2003. I am going to attach a screenshot below that shows the exact item in case anyone else has this issue. In my opinion, this step should be incorporated into the uninstallation process of the software in future versions.
Thanks again for you help.

Eric,
Thank you for your help as well.

Here is the screen shot. The item that is highlighted without the checkmark seems to be the culprit.

Last edited by dallen on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
M.B.A.
Purdue University
dallen
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:52 pm

Thanks dallen for providing the screenshot on how to solve this problem and thanks to Robin for providing the solution. :)

See you at Wilders. :wink:
Eric

Postby dallen » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:14 am

Are you by chance EricAlbert in disguise?
M.B.A.
Purdue University
dallen
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:23 am

dallen wrote:Are you by chance EricAlbert in disguise?
Nope, I'm Eldar. :lol:
Eric

Postby dallen » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:29 am

Well...it's good to see you nonetheless. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.
M.B.A.
Purdue University
dallen
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:37 am

You're welcome dallen.
Good to see you too. :wink:
Eric

Postby robin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:46 am

dallen wrote:In my opinion, this step should be incorporated into the uninstallation process of the software in future versions.
I'm sure that it was meant to be. I've brought this to the attention of the Poco folks.
robin

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To