[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Save to file

Save to file

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Save to file

Postby Nymus » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:36 am

When i save an email to a txt file, all headers are included.
But when i save the same email to a *.doc or a *.rtf file, the headers are left out.

Can someone help me saving an email in a style maintaining format and still have the email headers?

Thx
Nymus
New Arrival

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:00 pm

See this post. You will have to make changes to detect and support styled messages. You will also need to add the appropriate html around the message (including headers) and may need to remove some html from the body.
Michael

Postby Nymus » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:47 am

Thx for your reply.
The post u suggested was the one that made me start thinking of a small application that would be handy.
The problem is that i don't know how to do the things you suggest in your previous post.
I dont know how to add html tags using pocoscript, nor do i know how to scan on tags to remove them.

Ideally I would like to make a script that stores my emails in the style i got them. Still containing the headers so that I have proof of receiving certain mails. Mails with attachments should be stored in the say manner but they should have a list of all attached files as hyperlinks added to the message body. So that i can open a saved email and klik the attached file to open it.

Thx in advance
Nymus
New Arrival

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:04 pm

One suggestion you might try is using the SaveMessageToFile command to save the message. I don't know if this will be wholly satisfactory for your needs but the amount of work involved in what you are requesting is quite a bit and I don't have the time to offer that service for free.
Michael

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To