[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Spam Assassin

Spam Assassin

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Spam Assassin

Postby dbstamps » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:03 pm

I found an ISP with a great spam program, Spam Assassin. - It places any word I want (I chose "spam") at the beginning of the spam's subject line, then it packages the spam into an eml and sends it on.
I told Poco to delete incoming messages with spam in the subject.
Which it does very well. However, the attach box fills up with the darn attached eml's. I tried unchecking confirm delete but that didn't help.
Anyway to have Poco delete any attachments automatically when I use the filter to delete the mail?
thank you
dbstamps
Poco Tourist

Postby Michael » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:35 pm

The simplest method for doing this would be to use a "Pre-Download" filter. This will cause Poco to delete the message while it is still on the server, before it even reaches your computer. To convert a filter from Incoming to Pre-download:
  1. Open the filters window
  2. Select the Incoming tab
  3. Right click on the filter you want to copy
  4. Select "Copy to => Pre-download"

Once you are satisfied this is working you can delete the incoming filter.
Michael

Postby dbstamps » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:16 am

Thank you! Works perfectly!
dbstamps
Poco Tourist

Return to Email Hall