[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Enhancement discussion ?

Enhancement discussion ?

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby joeo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:35 am

mcrain wrote:Complete, professional level HTML support is a must, whether we like it or not.

--
Mike

I agree with all the people wanting HTML support with replys and forwarding. I think it should be an option so that those who want text only can do that.

If the users (who are paying) want HTML and understand the risk, then that is what POCO should provide!

What ever happened to the customer is always right? :D Am I showing my age?
Regards,

joeo
joeo
Poco Tourist

Postby tribble » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:57 am

For saoir:

I think you're showing your age in the belief that email should remain text based :twisted: [small plug to joeo's message]

HTML or rich text offer so MANY more options in an email. When I need to express a point, lighten the tone, make it clear I'm serious, plain text doesn't do it. When I want to disseminate a bulleted list of items, plain text is inadequate (yes, both can be done but presentation matters!) but my primary need for HTML is in responding to emails I've received. During a reply, the formatting is lost, the presentation of my message suffers as a result and I find I must reformat and often retype portions of the message because presentation matters. Time wasted.

I would never fault you for your opinion on this matter, I respect that, however, your self held belief that HTML should not be in email is just that, your belief; in MY opinion, more of us want it than don't. I've taken great care to protect my computer from those nefarious individuals that wish to cause it harm, I don't need my software to be intentionally crippled to protect me; in other words, provide the users with the option to enable/disable and the problem goes away. If you read through this forum or visit it with any regularity, the lack of good HTML support in the clients continues to be a significant issue for many users.

I agree, a simple poll would be interesting.

My vote on this topic must go to enable full HTML support.

Respectfully,
Gene
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Slaven » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:52 am

No need for a poll - as I mentioned in the other thread this is very high on our priority list! :)
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby tribble » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:32 am

You da man! :mrgreen:
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Michael » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:29 pm

chrisretusn wrote:Here are a few I would like to see.

Under a folders Properites an addition to customize a folders Block Images, Sanitize HTML and Ignore HTML settings. In general I keep Block Images enabled; however, there are folders that I filter messages to that I don't want images blocked. For example my typhoon alert messages or some news groups. I also have a couple of specific folders I want to always Sanitize or Block HTML. Right now I have to remember to set at least Block Images before moving to another folder.

Better rendering and handling of HTML.

A more flexible PocoScript. Right now it can do wonders, but I would like to see it interface more with PocoMail (Barca) it self. I does allow for some menu manipulation but more is needed.

I agree with the need for more folder options. Personally I would like to see a folder properties sheet that includes the ability to add custom properties. That, along with scripting enhancements (such as supporting Block Images, Sanitize HTML and others) would allow a much greater potential for customizing Poco.

I also support better rendering and handling of HTML.
Michael

Postby RBernier » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:09 pm

I would like to see much improved handling of IMAP.
It's a real pain to have only 3 folders online at 1 time. There is also a need to be able to direct sent messages to the IMAP sent folder instead of the general folder. Also added to the list is the ability to have filters work on IMAP folders.

There have been significant improvements in IMAP handling, but I would hope that the improvements made are just a start.

Regards,
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Postby Bare » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:51 am

A simple thing that drives me crazy... I'd love to be able to customize the "categories" within the Calendar / To Do List of Barca.
..:: Bare ::..
Bare
Poco Tourist

Previous

Return to General Discussion