[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - myInfoToGo - Problems and Suggestions

myInfoToGo - Problems and Suggestions

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

myInfoToGo - Problems and Suggestions

Postby jwhitehorn » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:07 am

OK, I've played with myInfoToGo, as an upgrade to PocoMailPE 3.4. Sweet. Searching is much faster. So far so good :)
So I paid my $19.95 to register it on Sunday. Got the receipt saying I'd get the serial number in 48 hours.
It's now Wednesday so I decided to send an email using the Email Support function ... (Help->Email Support->Email Support...) asking about my serial number. Great that worked. However then got a bounce message saying that old support email address is no longer used and to use the new website instead.
So Question 1: MITG was only released 5 days ago - why does it have an obsolete support mechanism in it?
So I tried to submit my query via the website and promptly got "403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access /support/index.php on this server." But only after I spent 10 minutes typing in my query .... twice.
So Question 2: How do I get my serial number? I can't contact PocoSystems via email and I can't contact PocoSystems via the website.
Now a quick question about MITG itself - Question 3: How do I add a new shortcut to the Shortcuts Sidebar ? (I did try but couldn't work it out and in a fit of enthusiastic mouse clicking I accidentally deleted the shortcut to the In box - doh :) ).
And a final suggestion: It might be nice to have a myInfoToGo specific forum rather than having to use the general one.

Thanks, Jamie

~ Moved from General ... Eric ~
jwhitehorn
New Arrival

Re: myInfoToGo - Problems and Suggestions

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:25 am

jwhitehorn wrote:So Question 1: MITG was only released 5 days ago - why does it have an obsolete support mechanism in it?
Maybe because they recently changed it and it's not yet integrated in this version. The next probably will. :)
So Question 2: How do I get my serial number? I can't contact PocoSystems via email and I can't contact PocoSystems via the website.
Send a message to helpdesk2006 [AT] pocosystems.com.
Question 3: How do I add a new shortcut to the Shortcuts Sidebar ? (I did try but couldn't work it out and in a fit of enthusiastic mouse clicking I accidentally deleted the shortcut to the In box - doh :) ).
Simply drag it from the Folder index to the Shortcut area. 8)
And a final suggestion: It might be nice to have a myInfoToGo specific forum rather than having to use the general one.
Agreed, but didn't find the time yet to ask for it. Maybe integrating it into PocoMail PE. Something for Slaven to look into.
I'll move those threads afterwards. :D

Hope that helps Jamie. :wink:
Eric

Myinfotogo synchronisation

Postby Paul Brasington » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:59 pm

Am I missing something or is there absolutely no guidance in the help system about synchonising MITG with a desktop Barca application? I'm struggling to get it to work at all satisfactorily.

When I have managed to get my inboxes to synch, the MITG installation somehow manages to import apparently all the mails I've deleted over recent days even though there's nothing in the trash folder (which empties automatically when I exit). Is this a known bug?

It's a shame because I was hoping MITG might be a solution to the lack of Pocket PC synchronisation. At the moment I'm not sure there's much point in buying it - and I can't get the calendars to synch at all.
PaulB
Paul Brasington
Poco Tourist

Re: Myinfotogo synchronisation

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:39 am

Paul Brasington wrote:Am I missing something or is there absolutely no guidance in the help system about synchonising MITG with a desktop Barca application? I'm struggling to get it to work at all satisfactorily.
The Content isn't complete or perhaps they forgot a part. :?
When I have managed to get my inboxes to synch, the MITG installation somehow manages to import apparently all the mails I've deleted over recent days even though there's nothing in the trash folder (which empties automatically when I exit). Is this a known bug?
:!: That's not a bug, because you didn't compress your folders on your desktop.
When MITG syncs that folder the index gets recreated and as such all mails within the MBX will show up.
This not only applies to Poco/Barca, but also to other email clients.
A compress is needed to wipe out the flagged messages within your MBX and recreating a new index.
It's a shame because I was hoping MITG might be a solution to the lack of Pocket PC synchronisation. At the moment I'm not sure there's much point in buying it - and I can't get the calendars to synch at all.
It will improve in time, so best wait until it really works like it should. Calendars and other stuff don't sync at present.

Sorry for not being able to help you further with it. :?
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To