[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca, myInfoToGo & huge mail boxes...

Barca, myInfoToGo & huge mail boxes...

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca, myInfoToGo & huge mail boxes...

Postby Ricardo » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:38 am

Hi,

After compressing today the sum of all my mail folders/boxes reaches 5Gb. By the way this was the reason I quit Outlook and started using Barca, which handles this much better. I'm trying myInfoToGo and obviously I can't get past the first sync process.

The boxes are organized in a way that the top folders contain recent data and then yearly subfolders.

My wishes (any single one of them... or both!):

1- Being able to mark folders not to sync.
2- Being able to filter during sync from a given date. Sent date, since I have imported messages that did not get the received date when I migrated.

Thanks for any tips...

Ricardo

EDIT: Huummm, posted it to the wrong forum... sorry!

~ Moved to PocoMail PE for the time being ... Eric ~
Ricardo
Frequent Visitor

Re: Barca, myInfoToGo & huge mail boxes...

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:09 am

Ricardo wrote:I'm trying myInfoToGo and obviously I can't get past the first sync process.
Did you check the box to Import folders which don't exist in MITG :?:
My wishes (any single one of them... or both!):

1- Being able to mark folders not to sync.
2- Being able to filter during sync from a given date. Sent date, since I have imported messages that did not get the received date when I migrated.
Nice ideas, but then it would have to be implemented into Poco/Barca as well.
Best to send your wishes to Support, so they can have a look at it. 8)
EDIT: Huummm, posted it to the wrong forum... sorry!
Already moved it, but I don't have an MITG forum, so it will have to stay here for the moment. :?

I wish you a happy, succesful 2007. :wink:
Eric

Postby Ricardo » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:33 am

Hi Eric,

Thanks for ansewring. If I create dummy folders before I sync it will do the trick?

Ricardo

EDIT: Yes it did the trick, I wouldn't have thought of that, THANKS!
Ricardo
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:19 am

Ricardo wrote:Yes it did the trick, I wouldn't have thought of that, THANKS!
You're welcome Ricardo.
Glad it's working now. :)
Eric

Postby jayno » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:04 am

I'm thinking seriously about purchasing MITG and U3flash but am also worried about synchronisation 1. with my BARCA, and 2. with my huge email store

I have been looking at this site (which has a nice demo on use of U3), but look also at this FAQ answer (below) that I found on the site. It makes me wonder if/why MITG couldn't have this critical facility?:

http://www.migosoftware.com/whymigo.php

"FAQ/A - Migo will allow you to specify any file, directory, or network share, on a supported operating system, for synchronization. Migo does not synchronize the actual applications that may use the data you have synchronized, so you will need to ensure that a copy of the application is on the guest computer you visit to be able to work with that data."

I understand also that you can configure Migo to only synch changes to mail/documents from certain dates. I like that.
jayno
Frequent Visitor

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To