[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Add outgoing to address book

Add outgoing to address book

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Add outgoing to address book

Postby Larry » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:11 pm

I'm trying to write a script to add the name and address to my address book for all people I reply to, if they're not already there but I can't seem to get it right. I keeps adding the text after the AddAddress "Address".

The tutorial shows a %a. What is that exactly?

Thanks,
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:01 pm

Did you have a look at Extras :?:
You can find 3 scripts (addrecipient.poc) which will do what you want. :)
Maybe you'll get some ideas by looking at those scripts. :wink:
Eric

Postby ChrisKnight » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:53 am

Larry,
I'm going to assume that you are a newbie scripter, if not I apologize in advance for the assumption.

Just in case it doesn't become clear when you look over the scripts others have written, the '%a' as you have it written, that you asked about is a variable. The '%' in front of the a tells us it is a message variable, but in the 'AddAddress' there is not a '%a' variable there is a '$a' variable. The '$' tells us it is a 'string' variable. Perhaps in your script you typed the wrong symbol, but I think it should have given you an error on debug or run. Anyway, the syntax as listed in the Pocoscript help is AddAddress $bookname $a. This means that AddAddress needs two variables. The first is the address book you want to add the name and address to and the second is the name address you want to add. This second variable '$a' is expected to be in the form 'Name <address>' an example (which is half missing in the PocoScript help) is: Barca Support<support@pocosystems.com>.

Good luck,
~Chris
ChrisKnight
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To