[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Access is Denied Error Since Purchasing

Access is Denied Error Since Purchasing

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Access is Denied Error Since Purchasing

Postby pattib » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:44 am

Hello,

Pocomail stopped working the day I purchased it and inserted the registration key. :evil:

Many problems have occurred but the most recent is the following:

unable to execute
c:\programfile\pocomail4\poco.exe
create process failed
code 5
access is denied

This latest error is from uninstalling, cleaning the registry, cleaning cookies temp files and cache - then rebooting.

I would really like to use this program but am stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Patti
pattib
New Arrival

Re: Access is Denied Error Since Purchasing

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:17 am

Hi Patti & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
pattib wrote:Pocomail stopped working the day I purchased it and inserted the registration key. :evil: i
That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. Sorry to hear it doesn't work. :?
Did it work prior to inserting your key?

What OS are you using?
Is PocoMail or PocoMail PE?
Antivirus, Firewall, HIPS?
I would really like to use this program but am stumped.
:shock: Me too, but let's try some suggestions.

Can you try the following?
Close Poco first
Rename your poco.ini to poco_old.ini
Restart Poco again to see if that helped.

By resetting this file you'll lose all your Options, so best take screenshots or note them down.

:!: If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Poco, clean your registry and reboot your computer.
Reinstall Poco and try again.

Let me know what it gives. :wink:
Eric

Poco still not working

Postby pattib » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:53 am

Hi Eric,

Thanks for trying but it did not work. Had done the same thing previously but didn't work then and just finished trying it again.

Before I reinstalled I removed all info pertaining to pocomail in the registry, cleaned temp files, cookies, and cache and then rebooted. But it didn't work.

Have winxp and all updates are current. No viruses, malware,spyware or other "nasties" I keep a close eye on that.

Poco worked perfectly until I put the registration number in. And just for fun...downloaded the trial for Barca and it works great just like Poco did before. Doesn't make sense to me but maybe it will for you.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.
Patti
pattib
New Arrival

Re: Poco still not working

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 am

pattib wrote:Thanks for trying but it did not work.
You're welcome Patti, but unfortunately it didn't work, same for reinstalling. :?
Have winxp and all updates are current. No viruses, malware,spyware or other "nasties" I keep a close eye on that.
You could eventually try an online antivirus scan, since no antivirus is 100% bullet proof. The same applies to anti-spyware/trojan and other stuff.

Not to say it has something to do with malware, but to be able to exclude a possible infection.
Of course only an hijackthis log will give you 99% assurance that your device is clean. :)
Poco worked perfectly until I put the registration number in. And just for fun...downloaded the trial for Barca and it works great just like Poco did before. Doesn't make sense to me but maybe it will for you.
Just trying to eliminate possible culprits to why it's not working for you :?:
It doesn't make a lot of sense, since the only thing you do is to insert that license code.

The only thing I can think of is, that the moment you insert your key Poco changes, so as a result it's blocked from executing by something else, like an antivirus, hips, firewall, because of this change.
Long shot I guess, but maybe worthwhile investigating it further.

I'm also stumped here and you're the first ever to report this problem. :cry:
Last edited by Eric on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:52 am

It seems like Poco is running some system process to which you as a user don't have rights to run.

I'm not that acquainted with the license checking function to know what it runs :(

Please send an email to support, and don't forget to include your name exactly as it was indicated at the time of your purchase, and also your registration key. http://www.pocosystems.com/support/
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To