[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Junk not deleted from server

Junk not deleted from server

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Junk not deleted from server

Postby Larry » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:35 am

I have mail set to leave on server 3 days and in Junk filter settings to download mail marked as junk and then delete from server.

However the mail isn't deleted from the server so I must not understand how that's supposed to work.

I'd assumed it would delete on the next check based on what's in the Junk folder.

Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?

Thanks,
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:39 am

Which mail isn't deleted, the regular, the junk, or both?

I'm not sure how exactly is that implemented, but I would suppose with such a setting, that Junk mail as well is kept for 3 days on the server and only deleted afterwards.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Larry » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:34 pm

Tomas wrote:Which mail isn't deleted, the regular, the junk, or both?

I'm not sure how exactly is that implemented, but I would suppose with such a setting, that Junk mail as well is kept for 3 days on the server and only deleted afterwards.

I was hoping the junk mail would be deleted before the 3 days. Ie, when it went into the junk folder per the Junk Filters setting. At least that's the way I understand it, but I'm beginning to think not.

Have no setting to keep and delete after download seems to be a redundant.

Thanks,
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:26 pm

In the account settings, Incoming tab, Leave mail on server part, you have an option to Remove from server when emptied from trash.
Try it, but I guess it will not work on Junk?
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Larry » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:26 am

Tomas wrote:In the account settings, Incoming tab, Leave mail on server part, you have an option to Remove from server when emptied from trash.
Try it, but I guess it will not work on Junk?

Thanks, I'd forgotten about that. I'll try it and change filter from moving to junk to moving to trash, or moving manually, and see how it works.
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby dribnus » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:51 am

This is an issue for me as well. I have my mail retrieved from my Blackberry, and it would be great if the "junk mail" would be removed from server like the option states. This would prevent me from having to manually filter through junk mail on the Blackberry. This is more important now, because I have PM Junk Mail filters working at 99% which is GREAT.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby dribnus » Thu May 03, 2007 1:26 pm

Are there any answers for this yet? Or are there just a few that this is a problem for.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Thu May 10, 2007 8:54 am

I can't check it where I'm at the moment, but if it doesn't work for you, I'm presupposing that there is a precedence of the remove mail from server function over the delete junk function. It's now in PocoSystem's bug reports/feature requests queue.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby dribnus » Thu May 10, 2007 11:20 am

Thank You.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To