[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - To Eric [Mod: Screen Capture software]

To Eric [Mod: Screen Capture software]

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

To Eric [Mod: Screen Capture software]

Postby Larry » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:35 am

Eric,
You have great screen shots to help explain things. The arrows, etc make everything clearer.

How are you doing that? Use a special program or creative genius?

I could use something like that to help our employees on some of their learning curves too.

Thanks,
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:51 am

Hi Larry,

No creative genius, just SnagIt, although it's not free.

A free one would be FastStone Screen Capture for example, but you don't have the nice features SnagIt has. :?

I do use it at home at lot and since recently at work, as well as Camtasia Studio from the same company.
Requested to have SnagIt to help me with my website and other work duties, like creating tutorials. :P
Luckily they agreed and bought a 5 user license. Our ICT uses it too now. :lol:

An incredible tool which helps me a lot and is worth the price they ask for it. 8)
Eric

Postby robin » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:10 am

I use MWSnap 3 for screen shots. Web site here.
robin

screen shots

Postby pairofhearts » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:52 am

.........two more freebies are WinSnap and ScreenHunter.

WinSnap
http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap.html

ScreenHunter
http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/scr ... r_free.htm
.........and make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle
pairofhearts
Resident Poster

Postby Larry » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:21 am

Thanks all,

I've bookmarked all those sites and will check them out.

Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby DanielSmith » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:31 pm

i have used kind of screen capture software calledACA Capture Pro, the ACA capture PRO has many enhanced features: capture all flash file from web page, create videos of your computer screen (make AVI Video/Movie), and capture any icons whatever from a file, a directory, or whole harddisk on your computer. With ACA Capture Pro's many features, you can save time and enhance your screen shots.
here is an article about it:
Capture Video Screen.
Last edited by DanielSmith on Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanielSmith
New Arrival

Postby rgrun1 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:25 pm

Snagit rules though.

I have seen one that was possibly more feature rich (if that is possible) but it was such a bear to use that it wasn't worth the effort. :roll:
Rick Grunwald
rgrun1
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:39 am

rgrun1 wrote:Snagit rules though.
It's the best I've found, so I won't be changing to another.
HyperSnap-DX comes close and that's the one I bought, before finding SnagIt. :roll:
Eric

Postby chrisretusn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:19 am

SnagIt is my favorite. Wish they made a Linux version.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:52 pm

chrisretusn wrote:SnagIt is my favorite. Wish they made a Linux version.
There's one for Mac, but none for Linux. :?

Correction, can't find that one for Mac anymore. :?

:!: See also TechSmith Mac Development

One possible workaround is to use an application such as VNC, to broadcast the Mac/Linux screen to a PC running Camtasia or Snagit, and record or capture the Mac/Linux screen on that PC. :)
Eric

Return to General Discussion