[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New version of Pocomail

New version of Pocomail

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby tusi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:27 am

There is a FREE software-->Opera. They allow anybody to be tester. Almost every weekend they send new release of the software.-->http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

They have bug report wizard: https://bugs.opera.com/wizard.
If I send a bug report about a page, in the next weekly release they resolve it.

But I payed for Pocomail, and I have character coding problem for 1 year (not 1 week! than in Opera), I was promised to resolve it in the new version.

Sorry for my post, but today I corrected a forwarded mail more than 1 hour!
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby MonBidoux » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:15 am

tusi wrote:There is a FREE software-->Opera. They allow anybody to be tester. Almost every weekend they send new release of the software.-->http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

They have bug report wizard: https://bugs.opera.com/wizard.
If I send a bug report about a page, in the next weekly release they resolve it.

But I payed for Pocomail, and I have character coding problem for 1 year (not 1 week! than in Opera), I was promised to resolve it in the new version.

Sorry for my post, but today I corrected a forwarded mail more than 1 hour!

Opera is a browser.
Opera's email client hasn't changed much over the last 5 years and i paid for the original (which didn't change much even after a couple of years).
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby tusi » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:20 pm

MonBidoux wrote:"Opera's email client hasn't changed much over the last 5 years and i paid for the original (which didn't change much even after a couple of years)."
The e-mail client of Opera hasn't got character coding problem for 1 year. This is a very annoying problem for East Europian users.
tusi
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:28 pm

Hi tusi,
tusi wrote:The e-mail client of Opera hasn't got character coding problem for 1 year. This is a very annoying problem for East Europian users.
My guess is you won't see those changes in the next upcoming version.
I think this will be addressed in the next major upgrade. :roll:

Can't promise anything, but will see it when we're allowed to give it a spin. 8)

BTW Payed for Opera too. :)
Eric

Postby MonBidoux » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:03 pm

FYI, the last three or four announcements by email to this thread give this page link: "The topic or post you requested does not exist."
I have to go to the "general discussion" topic to find over again.

@tusi
-i too have had a bit of frustration with the hopes for a few improvements and i'm not sure they will ever come.
Spell check is one (Thunderbird has free dictionaries);
exporting Calendar to .html and a few other tweaks like colours for specific categories and more options when dealing with Contacts.
The list of improvements is enormous is you go through the threads a bit.

Need to remember that PocoSystems does not have 200 people working on this program like Opera does (give or take a few).
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby RBernier » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:29 am

One area that needs major improvement and has been pretty much ignored by PocoSystems is IMAP support. Every major email client available that offers IMAP capabilities allows you to subscribe to all of your folders at one time. PocoSystems give you the ability to have only three folders "online" at one time. Despite repeated requests for improvement, nothing has been done. Now, it sounds like there is not even any hope of seeing this major malfunction corrected until we see a "Major Release". Of couse, that means if you want to see improvement to what is very basic IMAP functionality you are going to have to pay again for it. Very disappointing.
Ron Bernier
RBernier
Resident Poster

Postby Slaven » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:17 am

Thanks all for your feedback - beta is starting most likely today so feel free to give it a try and give us your thoughts in the Beta forum. Many areas of the program have seen improvements already.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Slaven » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:55 pm

Update: beta will start tomorrow as I wait to hear back on a problem that should now be resolved in the latest build, thank you for your patience! :)
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby dazbo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:15 am

Hi, Slaven

You say there is a beta version about to be released!

How can I try this beta as I don't seem to have access to
the beta forum.

Thanks
dazbo
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:12 am

dazbo wrote: How can I try this beta as I don't seem to have access to the beta forum.
:!: Send an email to Support, requesting beta access.
Include your forum name, real name and license code, as well as the reason why you want to participate.

Whether you'll be selected, is up to PSI. :)
Eric

Postby dazbo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:48 am

ok eric, thanks
dazbo
Drop-in Visitor

Postby MonBidoux » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:50 am

Can we have a glimpse at what new features we are to test?
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:55 am

You're welcome dazbo. :wink:
MonBidoux wrote:Can we have a glimpse at what new features we are to test?
Not here, but you can have a look at it, when Slaven posts the beta in the beta section later on. :)
Eric

Postby bubba » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:10 am

tusi wrote:
MonBidoux wrote:"Opera's email client hasn't changed much over the last 5 years and i paid for the original (which didn't change much even after a couple of years)."
The e-mail client of Opera hasn't got character coding problem for 1 year. This is a very annoying problem for East Europian users.

Hi tusi,

I'm curious if you've got Outlook, or access to it, and if the problem you describe with PM exists using it? If not, you might could switch, while awaiting the PM major update.
bubba
New Arrival

Postby tusi » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:44 am

Code: Select all
Hi tusi,
I'm curious if you've got Outlook, or access to it, and if the problem you describe with PM exists using it? If not, you might could switch, while awaiting the PM major update.

Bubba, I like Pocomail, I have used it it since 2004. But this Sunday I migrated all of my e-mails into TheBat! Not too easy to migrate the emails into another client, I needed a software-->ABC Amber Pocomail Converter. I will come back to Pocomail when the character problem will be resolved.
tusi
Poco Tourist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion