[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - A couple suggestion for future PM

A couple suggestion for future PM

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

A couple suggestion for future PM

Postby Larry » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:35 am

Hope you don't mind a couple suggestions for future releases. Presumably minor tweaks.

1. I know lame and basic, but I personally would like an "OK" button on the focus pane after selecting my perimeters to close the focus box rather than having to click outside it to close. Same number of clicks and I can't say why I'd like it, just seems a "finishing touch" .

2. A more significant minor change would be to automatically mark a message read on reply. I don't set a Mark Reply after x seconds, preferring to leave marked as unread. Obviously if I've replied I've read it.

Having said that, maybe there's a script or something that would accomplish this that I've missed?

Thanks,
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:41 am

Hi Larry - always interesting to read what other people think.

1. I see what you mean with this one: maybe not a close but a "roll up" - opposite to the "roll down" that is used to open it?

2. Since I use "Mark read after" I don't see this, but I like the suggestion.
robin

Postby Slaven » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:12 am

Thanks Larry, those definitely make sense!
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby robin » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 am

Actually, the "roll down" arrow will roll it back up again when open - just need to swap it for a "roll up" arrow while open: plus all the code for managing it of course.... :)
robin

Postby Larry » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:07 am

robin wrote:Hi Larry - always interesting to read what other people think.

1. I see what you mean with this one: maybe not a close but a "roll up" - opposite to the "roll down" that is used to open it?

2. Since I use "Mark read after" I don't see this, but I like the suggestion.

A reason I don't use the Mark read after is I use the unread status to make sure I do follow. Those I *really* want to follow on remain unread and Marked Follow. :)

Yes, as far as the focus issue, anything actually. Roll up, Close, Ok. Just about any way to do it.

Thanks
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby Larry » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:04 am

One more would be nice.

I would prefer to not have New Mail include items in Trash. It would be nice to have an option to exclude that (and Jun?). Right now that's the only reason I don't use New Mail folder.

Thanks,
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Return to General Discussion