[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Is PocoMail PE dead item? has it been replaced by Myinfotogo

Is PocoMail PE dead item? has it been replaced by Myinfotogo

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Is PocoMail PE dead item? has it been replaced by Myinfotogo

Postby R. patrick Sutton » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:06 pm

I am really interested in having my email on a portable drive. However, I do not use Barca and already have a portable drive, so my interest would be in pocomail PE as opposed to my info to go or voyager email. It seems that the push by Poco is towards my info to go aned voyager email - does that mean the pocomail pe will niot have any further updates or upgrades? Does anyone here have any experience with pocomail pe 3.4 compared to regular pcocomail 4 which I am using now? can pococmail pe do everythng that pocomail 4 can?

thanks in advance for your help -

Patrick
Patrick Sutton

SoftBuyers, Inc.
Chicago ~ Austin ~ Cincinnati
10809 South State Street
Chicago, IL 60628-3409

Web: www.softbuyers.com

"We specialize in turning unwanted software and hardware into cash for your company"
R. patrick Sutton
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Is PocoMail PE dead item? has it been replaced by Myinfo

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi Patrick,
R. patrick Sutton wrote:It seems that the push by Poco is towards my info to go aned voyager email - does that mean the pocomail pe will niot have any further updates or upgrades?
Only speculation on my part, but it seems to me PocoMail PE will become obsolete after some time, since it will be replaced by MITG :?:
Does anyone here have any experience with pocomail pe 3.4 compared to regular pcocomail 4 which I am using now? can pococmail pe do everythng that pocomail 4 can?
It does the same Poco does, although Poco 4 does give you the Focus, new address book lay-out and improvements on processing messages and a lot more.

Only you can't sync between those two, since Poco 4 uses another index (IDB). Therefore you'll need MITG to perform the sync.
Try it out before you purchase it, so you'll know what Barca (portable version) can do. :)
Last edited by Eric on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Postby R. patrick Sutton » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Thanks for your input Eric - you mentioned "synching" - would it be oossible to have an install of poco mail 4 on my laptop and another install on my desktop and then just "synch" them when I get back from my business trips? if so, would that really make all the mail folders identical? if so, THAT would be the cat's pajamas for me as I love pocomail 4.

thanks-

Patrick
Patrick Sutton

SoftBuyers, Inc.
10809 South State Street
Chicago, IL 60628-3409

"We specialize in turning unwanted software and hardware into cash for your company"
R. patrick Sutton
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:59 am

R. patrick Sutton wrote:Thanks for your input Eric - you mentioned "synching" - would it be oossible to have an install of poco mail 4 on my laptop and another install on my desktop and then just "synch" them when I get back from my business trips?
My pleasure Patrick. :wink:

You can't sync with PocoMail PE, since it would require you to have Poco 3.4 installed on your desktop.
MITG however can sync with Poco 4. :)
if so, would that really make all the mail folders identical? if so, THAT would be the cat's pajamas for me as I love pocomail 4.
Yes, it would make all mail folders identical or only the folder you chose.
No Notes synching, nor Diary and other stuff, but that's maybe for the next version.

Try it out during the 45 days trial, so you'll know if it works for you. 8)
Eric

Postby R. patrick Sutton » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:31 pm

Ok Eric - I have downloaded my info to go. I wanted to install it on my 60 gb usb pocket drive but it would not. In fact, it would not install on any USB hard drive I have. It would only install on my 2 GB USB Flash drive - is it suppoed to be that way? whenever I tried to install it on my external USB hard drives, I got the message "removable device not found". That is pretty wiered since the myinfo.exe file itself was ON the removable drive that it claimed it could not find ( per the installtion instructions). Well, my Pocomail is about 1.6 gb in size so I was reluctant to install it on the 2gb flash drive. I did it any way becuase I really wanted to try it out. After the install, the drive only has about 78 mb of free space. My info to go runs VERY slow and hangs bad when checking and sending mail - I know its not the system in general because my install of Poco Mail 4 runs great on the same system. Any ideas what is going on? any way to make it work on one of my USB hard drives?
Patrick Sutton

SoftBuyers, Inc.
10809 South State Street
Chicago, IL 60628-3409

R. patrick Sutton
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:06 am

R. patrick Sutton wrote:It would only install on my 2 GB USB Flash drive - is it suppoed to be that way? whenever I tried to install it on my external USB hard drives, I got the message "removable device not found". That is pretty wiered since the myinfo.exe file itself was ON the removable drive that it claimed it could not find ( per the installtion instructions).
Yep, that's the same other users reported here. :?
You can install it on a USB stick, but not on an external USB HD.
Maybe it will change in the next version, who knows?
Well, my Pocomail is about 1.6 gb in size so I was reluctant to My info to go runs VERY slow and hangs bad when checking and sending mail
It doesn't run slow or hangs when checking or sending mail here. However it's kind of slow when sending mail.
Just sent a message with subject and my signature and it took about 15 seconds to send. :roll:
Perhaps it's because my antivirus is checking outgoing mail, so I'll have to redo the test without this protection.
BTW I tested it on my Intuix U3 stick. :)
Any ideas what is going on? any way to make it work on one of my USB hard drives?
No idea how to make it work on your HD's, because that's a restriction within the program, which should be adressed in the next version.

:!: As for hanging, do you use Nvidia?
If so, exclude MITG from it.

Or maybe there's another cause why it hangs.
I also use Nvidia on my laptop, but don't experience problems with any of my apps and that's quite a lot. :lol:

Hope that helps finding what's wrong. :wink:

P.s.: Just redid the test by pauzing KIS and the message did send in less then 3 seconds. :D
Eric

Postby RLM » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:02 am

Am I correct in reading that my PE 3.4 stuff will not import into MITG?
RLM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:07 am

Hi RLM & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
RLM wrote:Am I correct in reading that my PE 3.4 stuff will not import into MITG?
PocoMail PE will not sync with Poco 4/Barca 2. It will only work when using MITG.

If you need to sync with PE, you need Poco 3.4. :)

It's not about import, but synching. :wink:
Eric

Postby RLM » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:14 am

Eric wrote:Hi RLM & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
RLM wrote:Am I correct in reading that my PE 3.4 stuff will not import into MITG?
PocoMail PE will not sync with Poco 4/Barca 2. It will only work when using MITG.

If you need to sync with PE, you need Poco 3.4. :)

It's not about import, but synching. :wink:

What I was asking was this. I have PE 3.4 and was considering moving to MITG. Can I import all my mail, contacts, filters, etc into MITG from PE 3.4?

Thanks.
RLM
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:11 am

RLM wrote:What I was asking was this. I have PE 3.4 and was considering moving to MITG. Can I import all my mail, contacts, filters, etc into MITG from PE 3.4?
Better compress all folders prior to moving/copying it over.
Also delete all *.idx files, since MITG will create new indexes *.IDB.
For the rest you can move/copy all the rest over the MITG, meaning contacts, accounts, scripts, filters, events, ... :)

Never done the transition, but this way it will work for sure. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To