[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - News of beta release

News of beta release

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

News of beta release

Postby stevef » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi,

I am having to use Thunderbird on my new notebook ( with Vista Home Premium) but I am eager to resume using Barca again. I know the beta testing has just begun so can anyone tell me how long this period is likely to last? Do you expect the new version of Barca to be avialable in a one, three, maybe six months from now?

I am keen to move away from Thunderbird, which I don't like, asap and am even considering The Bat! I hope you're going to tell me Vista-compatible Barca will be available in a matter of weeks not months.

Thanks for any info.

--
Steve
stevef
Drop-in Visitor

Re: News of beta release

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:40 pm

Hi Steve and welcome to Poco Forums, :D
stevef wrote: I hope you're going to tell me Vista-compatible Barca will be available in a matter of weeks not months.
Beta just started a week ago, so it will take some time to release the Vista compatible version. :)

Putting a time on it is very difficult, since it all depends several factors.

It won't be months, but a couple of weeks IMO. :wink:
Eric

Re: News of beta release

Postby stevef » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:18 pm

Eric wrote:It won't be months, but a couple of weeks IMO. :wink:

Thanks Eric. I am a long time PocoMail and Barca user but a first-time poster! :)

It's nice to hear that your opinion is weeks not months - I may be able to last a few weeks without Barca but any longer and you'd have to put me in a straight-jacket!

Thanks again.

--
Steve
Hong Kong
stevef
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:58 am

Eric will correct me if I'm wrong, but looking around the forums suggests that Poco, and by implication Barca, will work on Vista, you just need to make a change to the application compatibility. Something to do with visual styles.
robin

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:34 am

robin wrote:Eric will correct me if I'm wrong, but looking around the forums suggests that Poco, and by implication Barca, will work on Vista, you just need to make a change to the application compatibility. Something to do with visual styles.
Yes, that's true, although it didn't work for everyone. :?

:!: Steve, if you're so eager to try it out, why not apply to become a beta-tester?

Just send an email to Support with your name, forum name, license code and the reason why you would like to test it.

Whether you'll be accepted, is up to PSI.

Still waiting for my Vista Home Premium to arrive. :cry:
Eric

Postby robin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:31 am

Eric wrote:Still waiting for my Vista Home Premium to arrive. :cry:
Deeply conservative me (in the non-political sense): I'm entirely happy with XP Pro.
robin

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:47 am

robin wrote:
Deeply conservative me (in the non-political sense): I'm entirely happy with XP Pro.
Same for me, quite happy with XP or MCE, but I want to try out Vista.
Got it almost for free, when I purchased my laptop. 8)
Eric

Postby stevef » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:52 am

robin wrote:

I have XP on my development machine but my new HP notebook came with Vista pre-installed, otherwise I wouldn't have gone with it just yet.

I will check out your other comment about Vista's compatibility files but my problem is not with the look of the interface, rather that when I select an email in the In (or other) folder the content displayed in the panel below is garbage or a different content than the one selected. Very weird and I daren't continue using it in case it corrupts the emails.

I might check out the beta programme. Thanks to both of you.

--
Steve
Hong Kong
stevef
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:04 am

Our pleasure Steve. :wink:
Eric

Postby robin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:10 am

No problems. Steve. I fully understand your concerns.
robin

Postby stevef » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:48 pm

robin wrote:Eric will correct me if I'm wrong, but looking around the forums suggests that Poco, and by implication Barca, will work on Vista, you just need to make a change to the application compatibility. Something to do with visual styles.

I just wanted to report back and say a Thank You for this tip! I spoke too soon earlier when I said I didn't think this could solve the problem I was seeing. In fact, when I found the application compatibility tab and changed the settings to disable visual themes and run in XP (SP2) mode it starting working as of old!

I am back with Barca again. Cancel the padded cell! :)

Thanks again to you, Eric and robin.
stevef
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:32 pm

stevef wrote:I am back with Barca again. Cancel the padded cell! :)
Glad it's working out with Vista.
Got a message today, saying my Vista has been posted.
Hope to test it myself pretty soon. 8)
Thanks again to you, Eric and robin.
You're most welcome and enjoy Barca once again. :wink:
Eric

Postby robin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:53 pm

:D
robin

Return to General Discussion