[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Plug-in for Genie Backup Manager

Plug-in for Genie Backup Manager

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Plug-in for Genie Backup Manager

Postby robin » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:19 am

It can be found on this page, for those that use this backup software.

I haven't tried it yet (the plug-in) but if I find any problems I'll post them here.
robin

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:37 am

Tried it yesterday Robin, but unfortunately I can't use the plugin for the current version. :?
Maybe there will be an update, or perhaps I goofed up. :lol:
Eric

Postby robin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:09 am

It seems to have worked on my system.
robin

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:26 am

robin wrote:It seems to have worked on my system.
I guess I made a mistake then. :oops:
Good to know, so I can retry it once again.
Thanks. :wink:
Eric

Postby robin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:50 am

I'm using GBM 6.0 Lite (Freebie on a cover disc :D )
robin

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:53 am

Lucky you 8)
I installed the trial version to try it out.
Unfortunately I only get 15 days trial and that's really not much to discover what it can do and not do. :?
Eric

Backup

Postby bitman » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:47 pm

What does it do that Barca doesn't do with its backup. Does it back up versions or something?
bitman
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:08 pm

It includes PocoMail data into a regular backup that you run with GBP. This includes versioning if you have it set up in your backup definition.

It runs alongside the PocoMail backup which simply copies the files to another location.

I can't recall if Barca is included as a plugin.
robin

Postby Tomas » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:07 am

I was asked about a plugin for Pocomail 4, so unless someone beats me to it once I have some time I will do one and for Barca as well, it shall be easy from the quick look at it.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Tomas » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:48 pm

I didn't test it:
the Pocomail plugin shall work with Pocomail 3
for Pocomail 4 or Barca, one shall open the plugin in the Genie Plug-in Creator and edit the paths to registry keys (skim through all the sections): Pocomail 3 shall be changed to Pocomail 4.

For Barca, Pocomail 3 shall be changed to Barca, for Barca 2 to Barca 2, for Barca Pro to Barca Pro, for Barca Pro 2 to Barca Pro 2.

The drawback of that plugin is that it will work if you have data folders located in the main installation path (ie. where the executable is located, usually Program Files/Pocomail 4/, etc.).
However you can have custom path, and also now with Vista majority of installations doesn't use that path for data folders anymore, but the roaming or other folders.
I didn't find a way to automatize it with Genie plug-in, since it doesn't seem to be able to read from .ini files (where Poco/Barca store the path to the data folders).

So the easiest way is, while in Genie plug-in creator with Pocomail plug-in loaded, use the Folders section to add the data folders manually.
Though I guess, the same (manual folder inclusion) can be achieved from the main interface of Genie Backup software, without having to use plug-in at all.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Email Hall