[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Support intervention needed

Support intervention needed

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Support intervention needed

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:42 pm

Just spotted this at:

http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/sho ... adid=26275

Hope someone from "support" can respond.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Hogyt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:13 pm

mondiboux wrote:Just spotted this at:

http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/sho ... adid=26275

Hope someone from "support" can respond.

dantheman wrote:Poco & Barca

With what i've been experiencing with these mail clients,
i would like to simply advise the good folks to stay away and not lose any time or money over there.

Why?

1. They claim to have IMAP.

- they don't have it (not with minimum capabilities as OE and Thunderbird and so many have) = false advertisement.

2. Their forum is limited to those who agree with what they think and do. (i was kicked out of their Barca beta forum without notice).

I won't say anything more for now...

Trying to be cool.

My apologies if i'm incorrect, but did you post that? The www link on that page links to 'Dans' weblog which has the word MonBidoux at the top and says he comes from North Lancaster, as does your profile :?

User: offmdan
Name: Mon Bidoux
Yahoo! ID: Yahoo status father_dan

Edit: I'll take it as an admission that you did write that, seeing as how you've now removed the
link to your weblog from that post above (i took screenshots before you started editing).

It's one thing to be upset about a program, but its another thing to post your grievances to another site which encourage people not to buy PocoMail and to then imply that you stumbled across the post by accident.

Not to mention that you appear to be a man of the cloth (your site says you're Pastor Dan), and to top it all you have a go at PocoMail when your weblog says:

Incredimail problems

Had to re-install PC after experiencing Incredimail problems...

I doubt anyone has a problem with you airing your problems, theres hundreds of things about PocoMail that i really dislike (IMAP doesn't work well, searching is slow, too many AVs, support are slow to reply to emails etc.) but going about it the way you have is misleading at the very least.
Mat
Hogyt
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Slaven » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:05 pm

1. They claim to have IMAP.

- they don't have it (not with minimum capabilities as OE and Thunderbird and so many have) = false advertisement.

Well, we have IMAP that exceeds capabilities of many clients out there (i.e. Eudora) that also claim to have IMAP. IMAP is a huge protocol and we keep implementing it more and more.

2. Their forum is limited to those who agree with what they think and do. (i was kicked out of their Barca beta forum without notice).

That is definitely not true - we haven't kicked anyone out of Barca Beta area. If anyone has trouble logging in please let us know.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby COD » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:33 am

Nice investigative work Mat.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:46 am

COD wrote:Nice investigative work Mat.
Nice work indeed, Mat. :wink:
Incredimail problems
Had to re-install PC after experiencing Incredimail problems...
Take a look at Wilders Forum and search for Incredimail, especially Incredimail & Hosts. These problems are really well known with the free version. Also encountered other problems with my registered version.
:shock: Has anyone bothered to read their EULA? You'll be surprised what it says. To make it simple, here it is:
10. UNSOLICITED MATERIALS
Any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material submitted or sent to IncrediMail, including without limitation via any Message sent by You through the Service, Site, or IncrediMail's physical mail and e-mail addresses, or in any other way, will be deemed to be not confidential or secret. By submitting or sending information or other material to IncrediMail or by posting information on any portion of the Service you (a) Warrant that you have all rights of any kind to the material and that to the best of your knowledge no other party has any rights to the material; and (b) Grant IncrediMail an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the material, and you further agree that IncrediMail is free to use any ideas, know-how, concepts or techniques you send us or post on the Service for any purpose, without any compensation to you or any other person."
Eric

Postby robin » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:51 am

Yes, good work Mat. If what you post is correct (and the evidence suggests that it is) it is a shame that a user of this forum resorts to such tactics and all those that post here are demeaned by this action.

With respect to this part of his post
I wonder if he simply needed to log in again - I have been having intermittent problems with the "auto-log-in" feature not working but don't take it as having been excluded.

As for
Trying to be cool.
not a chance!

Lastly, you can rest assured that I will not be reading any of his posts.

Eric wrote:
(b) Grant IncrediMail an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the material, and you further agree that IncrediMail is free to use any ideas, know-how, concepts or techniques you send us or post on the Service for any purpose, without any compensation to you or any other person."
:o :shock: :evil:
robin

Postby Omega » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:41 am

I am locking this thread because of the false information involved.
Omega

Return to General Discussion