[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New Mail Special Folder

New Mail Special Folder

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

New Mail Special Folder

Postby mxwade » Tue May 15, 2007 4:12 am

Hello All -

I have just updated to myInfoToGo form Poco 2.6 and I am trying to figure out how the New Mail Special Folder works.

I have noticed that when I get new mail in my in box, the mail also appears in my new mail folder. This makes me wonder about maintaining the new mail folder. Do separate copies of my mail just keep building up in the new mail folder until I open it and delete them? If I delete things from the new mail folder, are they also automatically deleted from my in box or whatever folder that I have placed them in?

I do not think that I like the idea of having to maintain 2 folders, it sounds like twice the work for no reason that I can think of.

I would appreciate it if someone would enlighten me as to the use and usefulness of the new mail folder.

Thanks
MW

~ Moved from PocoMail ... Eric ~
mxwade
New Arrival

Re: New Mail Special Folder

Postby Eric » Tue May 15, 2007 6:37 am

Hi mxwade & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
mxwade wrote:I would appreciate it if someone would enlighten me as to the use and usefulness of the new mail folder.
Have a look at New Mail in Special Folders and Special Mailboxes - New Mail?.

If you delete a mail from that folder you're only deleting the link, not the actual message.

Hope that helps understanding it a bit better. ;)
Eric

Thanks

Postby mxwade » Tue May 15, 2007 9:18 am

Thanks Eric - that is exactly what I needed.

My next posting was going to be to ask about the console but maybe I can take care of that here. Can you point me in the right direction for an explanation or explain what the console is and what it is for?

Thanks Again
MW
mxwade
New Arrival

Re: Thanks

Postby Eric » Tue May 15, 2007 9:18 pm

mxwade wrote:Thanks Eric - that is exactly what I needed.
Glad it helped you. ;)
Can you point me in the right direction for an explanation or explain what the console is and what it is for?
The Poco console will display a summary of your accounts when there's mail.

:!: Make sure 'Display email console' isn't checked under Tools > Options > General Options > Interface Options.
Press F3 (Accounts) and check to 'Show in Console'.

Whenever there's new mail the Poco Console will appear, but will disappear after a certain period. That's when the Poco icon starts blinking to let you know you've got mail.

If you right-click within the console, you'll be able to configure it.
You can even change the background, transparancy or the emails shown and so on. 8)

See my screenshot:

Also if you want to suppress new mail notification for your Junk Mail folder or another, right-click on that folder, choose Properties and check the appropriate box.
This way those junk messages won't show up in your console either. :lol:

Hope that helps you enough with it, if not, let me know. ;)
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To