[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Difference between notes and diary entries.

Difference between notes and diary entries.

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Difference between notes and diary entries.

Postby vamp07 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:28 am

What is the difference between diary and note entries? They seem like the same thing to me.

Thanks
vamp07
Frequent Visitor

Re: Difference between notes and diary entries.

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:42 am

Hi vamp07,
vamp07 wrote:What is the difference between diary and note entries? They seem like the same thing to me.
:roll: In fact the description says it all. A note is made in plain text.
A diary records the date & time it was made, as well as some word processor options, like font, bold, italic, centralizing, ...
I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby vamp07 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:02 pm

Well they both keep track of when they were created and last edited. As far as formatting being available in one and not the other I have no idea why. "The description says it all" means that a journal entry is something that is formatable and a note entry does not?

Eric wrote:Hi vamp07,
vamp07 wrote:What is the difference between diary and note entries? They seem like the same thing to me.
:roll: In fact the description says it all. A note is made in plain text.
A diary records the date & time it was made, as well as some word processor options, like font, bold, italic, centralizing, ...
I hope this helps. :wink:
vamp07
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:46 pm

I must admit that I run Barca with the Notes section hidden...
robin

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:54 pm

vamp07 wrote: "The description says it all" means that a journal entry is something that is formatable and a note entry does not?
No, that's not what I meant. Whenever you add a new entry, it records the date & time it was made.
:idea: ex. I used a journal to record all the info during the process of my wife's pregnancy, but on my Palm T2. :)
It comes in handy to have the date & time added immediately upon creation. You can compare it to a log of events.
robin wrote:I must admit that I run Barca with the Notes section hidden...
Me too. :lol:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To