[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Agava antispam with Pocomail

Agava antispam with Pocomail

General email topics, from anti-virus and anti-spam software to webmail and ISPs

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Agava antispam with Pocomail

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:26 pm

This is just to let others know that I have been using Pocomail with Agava Antispam Servant (an odd name?) and this free spam filter is working well for me. Anyone interested to try out the software can download it from the link below:

http://www.antispamservant.com/

The software installed without any hiccups and I didn't have to tweak Pocomail at all except for creating a single filter. It is catching 97% of the spams after only two weeks of use and since I work online and have the habit of checking messages as soon as they arrive, this software is now saving me a lot of time.

Best wishes to all.

Subhamay Ray

~ Moved from Junk Mail Filtering ... Eric ~
Ray
New Arrival

Postby drjamie03 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:48 am

Sounds good except it also installs another program, some sort of information bar that gets attached to the bottom of the browser...looks like some kind of advertisement. The only way to disable it is to buy the full version.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Pieter » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:17 pm

My advice would be mailwasher from http://www.firetrust.com

Not sure if they have a "free" version but if you got loads of spam like me its an absolute gem. Good support, works out of the box although uses filters for the more advance users.

If you use it and want my filters to look into feel free to "nag" me. :wink:

Type and read you later
Pieter
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:53 pm

Lest people forget, K9 from Robin Keir http://keir.net/k9.html is simple and effective.

It hasn't been updated for a few years but was always well regarded.
robin

Postby Tomas » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:20 am

K9 worked fine when I used it some years ago, I liked it.
Now with SpamBayes and very happy, in particular, I didn't have a single false positive for weeks if not months, so now I'm saving a lot of time by not having to check the spam folder anymore.
Also heard good reviews of Popfile, and there is a script somewhere on this forum I believe, to allow better integration with Popfile. If not, concidentally I just run across this blog post that has script posted:
http://chwalisz.org/2007/06/09/pocomail ... n-scripts/
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby rgrun1 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:47 am

... reviving an old thread ...
AGAVA >> IS << spyware these days. It installs an ad driven program whether you are registered or not. (I was) Support is nil after they have your money.

I used The Bat plugin before coming to Pocomail. I must say it was ok for a long time until they decided that spyware was the way to go. Yes there are ways of disabling it but it would cause errors to be generated when loading. THAT is not why I registered it
Rick Grunwald
rgrun1
Frequent Visitor

Anti spam

Postby Pierre POUSSIN » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:38 pm

May I suggest also "Kanopea Antispam" (ex-Spam Aware).Itworks wonders with Pocomail.
http://www.kanopea.fr/
They also have a free version, but I bought it and am very pleased with it.
Just a piece of information!
Pierre
Pierre
Pierre POUSSIN
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:48 pm

Thanks for your input Pierre. ;)
Never heard about that one, but I'll give it a try one of these days. :)
Eric

Return to Email Hall