[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - MyInfoToGo Help File, Compress Folder

MyInfoToGo Help File, Compress Folder

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

MyInfoToGo Help File, Compress Folder

Postby gorrion » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:47 am

Searched, haven't found either of these questions posted yet. Attempting to call up the Help file in MITG gives the following message:

"Can't find the ....\Help\BarcaHelp.hlp file. Do you want to try to find it yourself?"

Is there no help file attached to the download package?

The reason I'm trying to call the help file is to learn exactly what "compress folder" does. I'm afraid to try this until I know all of the effects and ramifications of using it.

Can anyone help with either question? Thanks much!

-- gorrion --
gorrion
New Arrival

Re: MyInfoToGo Help File, Compress Folder

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:39 am

Hi gorrion & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
gorrion wrote:Searched, haven't found either of these questions posted yet. Attempting to call up the Help file in MITG gives the following message:

"Can't find the ....\Help\BarcaHelp.hlp file. Do you want to try to find it yourself?"
Do you mean there's no Help file present? :shock:
Is there no help file attached to the download package?
Have you tried to reinstall MITG?
Strange, so you'll have to give me a minute to check it on my installed version. :)
The reason I'm trying to call the help file is to learn exactly what "compress folder" does. I'm afraid to try this until I know all of the effects and ramifications of using it.
Don't be afraid to compress, it simply means removing redundant messages from your mailboxes which you previously copied, moved, deleted. It also rebuilds your index file = *.IDB.

:!: When you copy, move, delete a message, it's still present in your mailbox although it's flagged, so you won't see it.
When compressing, those flagged messages are removed from that mailbox and as such your mailbox is reduced in size.

Suppose you deleted a message by mistake and the mailbox wasn't compressed yet, you could retrieve that message again by closing the app and deleting the IDB-file. On restart that message and others will be present again because the index is rebuild.

Hope that makes it a bit more clear, so till later until I've checked it here. :wink:
Last edited by Eric on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:55 am

Seems to be present here on my U3-version. :)

Eric

Postby Tomas » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:21 am

Please either email to support, or send me a PM with your email address, and I will send you the missing help file.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To