[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Can I upgrade to Barca 2.5

Can I upgrade to Barca 2.5

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Can I upgrade to Barca 2.5

Postby pauly99 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:54 pm

Ok... I've quietly been using Barca 2 and never checked for updates or upgrades. I checked today while using Barca 2 and got the "There is no update available" message. I found the website and did see that there is now Barca 2.5. Since I have the license and paid for Barca 2, can I upgrade (download) Barca 2.5 without paying an upgrade fee?

~ Moved from Barca ... Eric ~
pauly99
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Can I upgrade to Barca 2.5

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:51 pm

pauly99 wrote:Since I have the license and paid for Barca 2, can I upgrade (download) Barca 2.5 without paying an upgrade fee?
Yes, you don't have to pay for updates, only upgrades. :)
Or else you'll have to pay a minor upgrade amount.
Sorry, I don't recall it exactly. :?

Try it out, so you'll know. :wink:
Eric

Postby Jim » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:51 am

What Eric was trying to say is that you typically do not have to pay for updates from say X.1 to X.2, but you you have to pay for upgrades from 4.X to 5.Y where X and Y are positive integers and may or may not be the same.
Jim

Postby pauly99 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:58 am

Gotcha. Thank you. I guess I just need to make sure that I back everything up and do not write over my current files. Correct?
pauly99
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Jim » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:09 am

Correct. Always do a backup first. In fact, if you can also install the new version into a different folder first, test to make sure everything checks, then import your data from the old installation to the new installation.

Once you confirm that the new installation has everything and is working correctly, you can then turn off and unsinstall the old installation.
Jim

Postby pauly99 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:18 am

I will do that. Thank You very much!!!
pauly99
Drop-in Visitor

Return to General Discussion