[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMailPE -> MyInfoToGo

PocoMailPE -> MyInfoToGo

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:39 pm

Abacus wrote:Sorry to crash Roger's thread, but my issues are very similar and it doesn't seem worthwhile starting a new thread.
No problem Roger. :wink:
I'm a long time Eudora user, but since Qualcomm discontinued the product I've been looking for an alternative.
It became open source, but the product hasn't been discontinued.
That's also one of the reasons our IT decided to use another email client.
I use Time & Chaos as a PIM because of the wonderful way that it integrates with MS Word templates, so I don't need my email client to look after PIM functions.
For now there's only MITG or PocoPE, however PocoPE is an older version, which won't allow to sync with the new Poco version.
If PSI would produce a portable HDD version of PM I would buy it immediately.
Haven't a clue as there will be such a version, but a beta should start soon, so perhaps who knows ...
Can anybody advise what th current status is of PM PE 4, or a portable HDD-friendly version of MITG?
Only PSI knows this, so I or other moderators can't help you with it.

Sorry. :wink:
Eric

Postby Abacus » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:35 am

Thanks Eric.

As it turns out, and as you noted in the other thread, PM4 works just fine on a portable HDD. So who needs PE anyway?

I am stll road-testing the product, but I thnk that is the way I will go.

Robert
Abacus
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 am

Abacus wrote:Thanks Eric.
You're welcome Robert. ;)
As it turns out, and as you noted in the other thread, PM4 works just fine on a portable HDD. So who needs PE anyway?
Haven't tried that yet, but if it works, why not. :)
I am stll road-testing the product, but I thnk that is the way I will go.
Have fun exploring the possibilities. 8)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:30 am

Abacus wrote:As it turns out, and as you noted in the other thread, PM4 works just fine on a portable HDD. So who needs PE anyway?

PM4 writes your license code, and maybe some other data, to the Windows registry on each particular computer where it's run.
So if you will run it on a computer for the first time, it will become unregistered trial copy. If you will run it there for a period longer than trial period, you would have to enter your license code.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby RogerLaw » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:18 am

Abucus/Robert wrote:Can anybody advise what the current status is of PM PE 4, or a portable HDD-friendly version of MITG?
Eric wrote:Only PSI knows this, so I or other moderators can't help you with it.

So Tomas, can you shed any light on this? When will MITG Beta be out (it has been a long time coming)? Will it be HDD-firendly? There are people with their credit card ready!

Roger.
RogerLaw
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:42 am

Hi Roger,
RogerLaw wrote:So Tomas, can you shed any light on this? When will MITG Beta be out (it has been a long time coming)? Will it be HDD-firendly?

I'm sorry I don't know, my function is technical support only, I'm not informed about future plans. PSI doesn't publish planned release date, as most software companies, as these are dependant on far too many factors (you know, "yet another little bug to fix etc.").
All I know is that making it HDD-friendly is planned, given it will be technically possible.
My guess that HDD-friendly only concerns removable hard-drives, not regular hardrives. MITG is priced low as it only works on USB.
The only authorities to speak on behalf of PSI are Slaven and Jim.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Previous

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To