[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Infotogo sending problems [Mod: Resolved]

Infotogo sending problems [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Infotogo sending problems [Mod: Resolved]

Postby sven73 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:31 am

hello,

I have a problem sending a message with the program Infotogo.

when sending a message in Barca there is no problem, but in Infotogo using the same smtp adress and so on i get the message 'socket error # 10061 connection refused'.

I am using Windows Vista

anyone who have a suggestion about this ?

sven

~ Moved from Barca ... Eric ~
sven73
New Arrival

Re: Infotogo sending problems

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:09 am

Hi Sven & welkom op Poco forums, :D
sven73 wrote:hello,
I have a problem sending a message with the program Infotogo.
Don't have a problem here sending messages. :?
when sending a message in Barca there is no problem, but in Infotogo using the same smtp adress and so on i get the message 'socket error # 10061 connection refused'.
:!: Which antivirus are you using?
AVG by any chance?
Socket Error # 10061

Analyse: That error means that your destination mail server is not accepting the connection from SpamFilter. It considers your smtp server sending junk mail.
Don't think the connection is blocked, because you're sending spam :?:

Or else delete your account and start from scratch.
I am using Windows Vista
Same here, but it works.

See if that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:32 am

Some more suggestions:

-try turning off outgoing SSL in your accounts setup if present

- grant MITG full rights in your firewall

If that problem happens only occasionally:
- Reduce the frequency of sending mails to this server
- Reduce the speed of sending mails to this server
- Reduce the amount of mails to this server
- Try again later
- reboot your computer
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby sven73 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:36 am

thanx already,

i think its more of a firewall thing or a anti-virus matter (McAfee), but i can't get a grip on the problem with both programs an myinfotogo..

I know now Myinfotogo sending works on XP (also with McAfee), but not on vista, so i think it must be those two programs...

I turned SSL already out, but the complete rights for mitg that Tomas suggested i cant find the rigt .exe for firewall use (its complecated because its a U3 usb.....
sven73
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:12 am

sven73 wrote:i think its more of a firewall thing or a anti-virus matter (McAfee), but i can't get a grip on the problem with both programs an myinfotogo..
:!: Some more suggestions:
- Cannot send or receive e-mails using Barca
I know now Myinfotogo sending works on XP (also with McAfee), but not on vista, so i think it must be those two programs...
Could you check if the Vista firewall is disabled under Services, so not the Security Center?
If you're using a 3rd party firewall (= McAfee firewall), running two firewalls is a bad idea. If not, leave it alone.
I turned SSL already out, but the complete rights for mitg that Tomas suggested i cant find the rigt .exe for firewall use (its complecated because its a U3 usb.....
Don't know about McAfee, but with KIS whenever there's an attempt for an incoming/outgoing for MITG the first time I used it, I had to check the connections to always allow.
Whether that's a U3 or USB application doesn't change the fact you need to authorize those connections.
Maybe McAfee is blocking the U3 device, so you could check that by using another U3 application, which needs a connection to the internet. For example Firefox.

If nothing helps, you could try to uninstall McAfee.
Reboot, clean your registry with a good registry cleaner.
Install another AV at reboot, like Avast, and try it out to see if that changes anything.
Also re-enable the Vista firewall, if not behind a router.

Looking across the internet I do see problems with McAfee on receiving/sending mail. :?

Let us know how it goes. ;)
Eric

Postby sven73 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:16 pm

I have deleted McAfee, cleaned all files en registers that can be (safely) cleaned en re-installed it.

and somehowe that did the trick ! Unfortunatly i had to re-install McAfee again but i am not that fond of McAe.... I am afraid in the near future some other program (or again MITG) will fail....

thanks for all help !
sven73
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:28 pm

sven73 wrote:I have deleted McAfee, cleaned all files en registers that can be (safely) cleaned en re-installed it.

and somehowe that did the trick ! Unfortunatly i had to re-install McAfee again but i am not that fond of McAe.... I am afraid in the near future some other program (or again MITG) will fail....
:D Good to hear it's working now.
As an aside I'm not fond of McAfee or Symantec myself, but they do have a good detection according to AV-Comparatives, but that's not the most important thing to chose an AV/Suite. It does have to work with your other security software too and not slowing you down. :?

Changed from Symantec myself to Avast Pro, then BitDefender and now Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.
Also run NOD32 on my PC and testing Eset Smart Security beta (= NOD32 + firewall + anti-spam).
It all depends on finding the one you like. :)
thanks for all help !
Our pleasure helping you with it. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To