[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Deleting Attachments usijng filters

Deleting Attachments usijng filters

Scripting questions and ideas

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

Deleting Attachments usijng filters

Postby FieldDir121 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:17 am

Using the delete key to delete a message with "Query to delete attachments when deleting messages" under "Reading Mail" in Options dialog also removes any attachments after asking.

When I use a filter to delete a message the attachments are left in the attach folder. I would like to get rid of them automatically (without being asked). Any suggestions?

Pocomail 3.4

Scott
FieldDir121
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:27 am

Set Pocomail to keep attachments stored inside of the message, not in the Attachments folder.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby FieldDir121 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:38 am

Tomas,

I changed the setting and will try that. I seem to recall I turned that off for some other reason. Hopefully a reason that either no longer applies or wasn't that important.

Thanks.

Scott
FieldDir121
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:12 pm

I think the most common reason to turn it off is to keep the mailboxes small.
Anyway keeping them encode inside email messages is a standard and recommendable.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby FieldDir121 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:34 am

Tomas,

So far only one or two odd messages. It appears that an image, probably jpeg, didn't decode and instead shows up as a block of encoded text. Since they were spam I just deleted them rather than manually decoding them (munpack).

Scott
FieldDir121
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:59 pm

FieldDir121 wrote:Since they were spam I just deleted them rather than manually decoding them (munpack).

Right so, I used to have same problem in the distant past, and it was all with misformatted spam messages.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoScript Help and How-To