[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - delete from server if junk

delete from server if junk

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

delete from server if junk

Postby Troto » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:14 pm

Hi all

how can i delete messages from server after deleting them from Junk Folder, or if a jonk score i sbiger then a value delete it from server without downloading it ?
Troto
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tallcangal » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:09 pm

You can do this by using a filter. For the filter, just have it set to "if junk mail score is more than"...then enter a score. In the action box, have it set to delete.

As a note though, for some emails, some may be discarded that shouldn't have been.

Senders in your address book or set to allowed will come through; however, if someone is not in your address book and you know that person and/or expecting an important email *poof* *vanished*

Have to be careful on that one.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby Troto » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:40 pm

Senders in your address book or set to allowed will come through; however, if someone is not in your address book and you know that person and/or expecting an important email *poof* *vanished*

i know about this

But how can i delete messages that i've deleted from the junk folder from server ?
Troto
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tallcangal » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:31 am

This was posted on the old forum as a problem. If you empty the junk mail folder, it won't delete it from the server. What you have to do for now is VMOS and delete them from there for now until it's fixed.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby Troto » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:07 am

this is what i do now.. this should really be fixed in the next update.

good luck
Troto
Drop-in Visitor

Re: delete from server if junk

Postby Alpha » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:20 pm

Troto wrote:Hi all

how can i delete messages from server after deleting them from Junk Folder, or if a jonk score i sbiger then a value delete it from server without downloading it ?

Under Tools > Junk Mail Filtering menu, click on the 'General Settings' tab, then select the options to '...delete the message from server if it is Junk'
Alpha

Postby imtrobin » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:43 am

Alpha wrote:Under Tools > Junk Mail Filtering menu, click on the 'General Settings' tab, then select the options to '...delete the message from server if it is Junk'

We do that, but it doesn't work.
imtrobin
Frequent Visitor

Postby dribnus » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:55 pm

I'm having the same problem. I have the option checked in the 'junk mail filter' option......to delete from server, but they are still on the server.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:16 am

imtrobin wrote:
Alpha wrote:Under Tools > Junk Mail Filtering menu, click on the 'General Settings' tab, then select the options to '...delete the message from server if it is Junk'

We do that, but it doesn't work.

Just for the record, in the hope that PSI reads this, I'm glad that this particular aspect doesn't work because I don't want Barca/PocoMail to delete a message from the server until I've manually verified that it is indeed spam and not a false positive. Since I keep all of my messages on my mail server, I really don't like the idea of Barca/PocoMail automatically deleting messages there.

However, I do like the idea of adding a new option to Barca/PM to automatically delete from the server when we manually empty the Junkmail mailbox. In this way, we've had a chance to verify the contents of the Junkmail mailbox first.
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:27 am

Actually, I personally don't care if "delete from server when I empty the junkmail mailbox" is an "option". I know that it's a pain for developers to add options to programs and maybe this is one that could just always happen in Barca/PocoMail. Wouldn't everyone always want this behavior to be active?
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:40 am

I was thinking some more about not making this an option. Perhaps Barca/PocoMail could use the values of the existing LMOS settings to determine this. For example, it could depend on the setting for "Remove from server when emptied from Trash".
Pete

Postby myname » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:09 am

I would settle for a "Delete mail from server" script, where that script would trigger either on selected mail, or on mail in the trash and/or junk folders.

I too keep my email on the server when I am checking it from work, that way I don't have to worry about resending myself email. though at the end of the day I find myself logging into my webmail account and manually deleting all the email I don't need when I check my email on my home pc.

--Kevin
myname
Frequent Visitor

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To