[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Michael website

Michael website

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Michael website

Postby dazbo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:36 am

Hi

Does anyone know what happened to excellent resourse with
the Poco mail scripts and tips and stuff?

It was at address http://www.jdfsoftware.com/pocofaq

or maybe there is a mirror somewhere?

cheers
dazbo
dazbo
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:45 am

I use http://web.archive.org to access particular pages of Michael's Pocofaq.
It's not exactly smooth, but works with a bit of patience.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:32 pm

I had to shut down juan de fuca software as it wasn't getting much business. I do have the files available if PSI wants to put them on their server. Many are quite old and have been superseeded by changes in Poco/Barca.
Michael

Postby Slaven » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:27 am

We definitely have space to host it here if there's demand - I know that a lot of things have changed but it was a great tool for learning scripting as well.
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby dazbo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:32 am

Michael wrote:I had to shut down juan de fuca software as it wasn't getting much business.

Thats a pity Michael as it was thanks to that we had access to the excellent poco faqs page. I found it extremely useful with the scripts and handy tips that were available. I had been using the web archive method tomas suggested but it is very cumbersome.

it would be fantastic if pocosystems were to mirror this valuable archive, it maybe get a few updates as well.

thanks
dazbo
dazbo
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:49 am

Yeah, it was a fantastic resource, even if some info was aged.
Pococommands, file formats, ...... that's just from the top of my head.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Slaven » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:29 am

Sounds like a plan - I'll chat with Michael about what we need to do to make it work on our server!
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby dribnus » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:08 am

I agree that this would be a great addition to the site. It's got my vote too.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:14 am

Same here, very useful site.
I've looked and searched there many times in the past for useful information. :)

You've got my vote too. 8)
Eric

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:39 am

Just to update everyone on this, I zipped the files and sent them to Slaven. He will be doing some testing and then we'll meet in a couple of weeks or so to review the results and go forward from there (luckily we live in the same city).
Michael

Postby rgrun1 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:41 am

Thanks Michael

I asked in another forum; Is there a list of all the tags including the undocumented ones? Was that a part of your website?

I am a new user (I graduated from newbie :lol: )

Thanks
Rick Grunwald
rgrun1
Frequent Visitor

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:26 pm

rgrun1 wrote:Thanks Michael

I asked in another forum; Is there a list of all the tags including the undocumented ones? Was that a part of your website?

I am a new user (I graduated from newbie :lol: )

Thanks

See the wayback site
Michael

Return to General Discussion