[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Kudos to Slaven

Kudos to Slaven

Discussion not related specifically to one of the topics below

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Kudos to Slaven

Postby Fritz Wagner » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:01 am

I love the latest build, 4.5.0.3910! Kudos to Slaven and his team. Anyone who has also been around for a long time must feel the same way.

Thanks for a job well done!

Let's hear it for Slaven!!!
Fritz Wagner
Fritz Wagner
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:04 am

Well done Slaven & the Poco Systems team. Image
Eric

Postby Slaven » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:27 am

Aw, thanks Fritz! :D

I have to pass those props to Tomas for ensuring nothing gets passed him, including the types of issues like the one last week - he was able to isolate the problem while I was still scratching my head early Saturday morning at why the Internet is not working today. ;)
Slaven Radic
Poco Systems Inc
Slaven
Poco Systems Inc

Postby Tomas » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:27 am

It's that we have great users - not only that many notified us of the problem (looking for a solution), there were some that even pointed out the cause. And when Slaven speedily replied on weekend that he is on it, I knew that problem wasn't going to last for long :) .
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: Kudos to Slaven

Postby chrisretusn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:18 pm

Fritz Wagner wrote:I love the latest build, 4.5.0.3910! Kudos to Slaven and his team. Anyone who has also been around for a long time must feel the same way.

Thanks for a job well done!

Let's hear it for Slaven!!!
I definitely feel the same way. I have used a lot of message clients in my day and PocoMail is by far the best and believe it or not PocoMail and Games are the only reason I still use Windows XP and have not gone 100% linux.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby robin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:30 am

I have to use Outlook at work. I find myself wishing "why doesn't Outlook do this..."! Two examples:

the "focus" feature is *so* much quicker than using Outlook's find

the ability to view images in-line and reduced so that the whole image can be seen in the preview pane (suggested by me, IIRC :D)

(well, three examples)
the "quick reply" (although I keep forgetting about it).

There are still areas for improvement, in my opinion, and the biggest of these is HTML mail handing, reply and forward. But with a little work it must be possible to improve over Outlook there too, especially since Outlook 2007 has been nobbled in the level of CSS that it supports (basically it no longer views in IE's rendering engine but with Word's rending engine, see this thread ). And before I get drowned by a chorus of "e-mail should not be about HTML" - a sensible option for turning it on and off according to user want.

I shall now duck....
robin

Postby rgrun1 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:58 am

robin wrote:And before I get drowned by a chorus of "e-mail should not be about HTML" - a sensible option for turning it on and off according to user want.

I shall now duck....

Not from this corner ... Oh I could AGREE in theory with all the arguments saying we should only use plain text but HTML is what is happening. If you are going to do it you want to do it right
Rick Grunwald
rgrun1
Frequent Visitor

Postby rgrun1 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:02 am

Slaven, I also want to say "thanks for a job well done"
Rick Grunwald
rgrun1
Frequent Visitor

Postby rrx3 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:55 am

Yep. I just want to add my thanks..
I have now paid for my upgrade to 4.5.0.3910.

Now if I could find a good resource for Pocoscripts... :D
rrx3
Poco Tourist

Postby lumpy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:26 pm

It was the best move I ever made moving to Pocomail, I have just got onto Barca, I wish I had gone that way sooner.
Best Regards
Lumpy
lumpy
Poco Tourist

Return to General Discussion