[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - MyInfoToGo messages to PocoMail PE?

MyInfoToGo messages to PocoMail PE?

Help and advice on using PocoMail PE

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

MyInfoToGo messages to PocoMail PE?

Postby aidmm » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:07 pm

I have Pocomail PE, and recently downloaded MyInfoToGo to test drive. When checking mail, there is an unbelievable hang up (that resolves itself after waiting quite a while).

I've used it for the past few days, but can't deal with this issue.

Is there a way to backup my messages from MITG and import them into PocoMail PE? I've tried using Backup/Restore, but this isn't working.
aidmm
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:49 am

Perhaps we might have an idea or two if you included some more details about the two issues.

Anyway to import back:
1) from menu File > Import > Data from another install

2) if that failed, just close both programs, and copy over all .mbx files for email data. If you store attachments outside of messages, also copy over Attach folder. And other files depending what you wish to import (configuration, templates,...)

Please note that all these methods will overwrite what you have currently stored in Pocomail PE. Let me know if don't want to have your data overwritten, I can elaborate further.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby aidmm » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:12 pm

Thanks, Tomas.

MITG takes a really long time checking mail, compared to PocoMail PE. I just checked, and it took 170 seconds to check my 11 mailboxes (on three different servers) with no mail received.

Just checked my PocoMail PE, and it only took 32 seconds... same mailboxes.

I'd like to use MITG... any ideas? I don't use AV software... I use the free personal Zone Alarm firewall.
aidmm
New Arrival

Postby aidmm » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:03 am

Tomas,

Neither of your solutions seems to be working. I don't have all my messages in PocoMail PE after copying from MITG.
aidmm
New Arrival

Postby Kaigan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:10 am

aidmm wrote:Neither of your solutions seems to be working. I don't have all my messages in PocoMail PE after copying from MITG.

Compress your mail folders to recreate the indexes and your missing mail should appear.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail PE Help and How-To